Chapter 8

GABY'S POV

Steph and I had went to get some food because I had gotten hungry on the way back home.  So by the time he dropped me off it was close to 1 am.

"well thank you for tonight short stuff." i said.

"no problem, gaby." he said and smiled. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then. dont forget that you have to come over for dinner, mister." i said as hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"yes, ma'am" he said back and with that i got out of the car and walked to my door. 

I walked into the house and noticed some light in the living roomp..i guess they fell asleep in the living room i thought. so i went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle. 

"so...how was it?" a voice said behind scaring the crap outta me and making drop my water bottle.

"shit...fucking hell..." i whispered turning around with a hand on my chest to look at the person who just scared the living hell out of me. " what the hell, Romel?! you just scared the living hell out of me!" i whisper yelled.

"sorry...i heard you come in." he said. 

"how? i barely made any noise and everyone else is still dead sleep?! literally im the one only who comes in and no one hears so how the hell did you hear me?" i said.

"I was in the navy remember? Deep sleep doesnt really help when you have to get up random hours of the night. Plus i always had to be alert" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"riiiight?" i said bending down to pick up my water bottle and when i came up i saw him looking at me. "um...well...im going to sleep i have a lot of thing to do tomorrow and i have to pack my things for this vacation coming up."  with that i tried to leave the kitchen...key word tried because he grabbed a hold of my wrist.

"can i help you?" i asked romel.

"look i only want to talk to you and explain my reason as to why i did what i did four years ago. i just want to explain, gabina, i promise. plus i kinda need a place to crash because my mom gave my room to my sister and there's no room for me at my house." he said looking at me while scratching the back of his neck.

"fine you can crash here. we'll talk about this in my room because no one knows what happened four years except for emily and raul because they somehow found out." i said and walked upstairs to my room with romel in tow.

" just wait for me here while i change i need to get out of these clothes. you sit on that couch over there, if you want." i said grabbing my pjs and heading to the bathroom to change. i came back out in a black nighty and underwear. 

As i walked of the bathroom i said "soo what did you want you to talk about?" and sat next to him crossed legged

"well..." he started off looking at my face "i know i shouldn't have have broken up with you back then because i was leaving and the excuse i used was not the one i should've used, i know that now. but i didnt want you to hold back on living your life and dating because you had a boyfriend in the navy." 

"that wasn't your ca--" i started 

"i know it wasn't my call but think about it. i didn't want you to think of the what if's either. call me selfish but i didnt want to leave and knowing that you would worry about whether if i was okay or if i was coming anytime soon. i wanted you to enjoy your life and live it carefree because i would rather have you happy then for you to be miserable with stress." he said looking away from me and putting his head in between his hands.

With that i got of the bed stood infront of him taking his hands in one of mine and the the other grabbing a hold of chin while i started kneeling. "listen to me. im fine. okay." i said while wipping his tears "hey hey...im right here. i know you did what you to do okay. i know you did. but listen to me. you broke my heart that day. i cried that night and the day after. but when i saw you again i had to act like i was fine for the sake of our friends and mine."

"i know and im sorry." he said 

"ha..." i said chuckling and tears brimmed in my eyes as i looked at him in the eyes and said "yeaa...im sorry too. but that doesn't change anything. you wanted me to live a carefree life and enjoy it but i didnt get to because my mom died. i had to move down to Florida because being here, in New York, was absolute torture. only to find out later that i was suffering anxiety attacks that were similar to asthma attacks." i said while crying.

"i know they told me and so did my mom" he said whipping my tears. but that made me back away. 

"so you knew...well did they tell you why they moved down to Florida?! it was because i had to have surgery in my knee. that's why they moved down there. i was so out of it when my mom died that i wasn't paying attention to the road.  i was driving and i got hit by car which led me to having to get surgery. they felt guilty for not being there to take care of me. i know they did and they do but it wasn't their fault. so you know what?" i said looking at him straight in the eyes and got up and he stood up with me too "i am way beyond damage now, Romel. i can't be fixed. i cant do emotions anymore. i'm not good for you anymore. that's why there can't be an us anymore." 

"Gabina...no. you are perfect the way you are. i know i can't fix you and im not going to try. im going to try to make you better. and everyday i'll remind you of the person that you are today not in the past." he said putting a hand on my cheek and grabbing my hand on the other "just let me try" 

i moved his hands, shook my head and said "it's too late"

"no! it's not too late, Gaby, and i'll show you" he said 

 And before i could process what he meant he wrapped an arm around my waist and put the other one in my hair and kissed me. i couldn't think of anything else but his lips on mine and how good they felt. with that i kissed him back and without breaking the kiss he said "god you drive me insane. i've been wanting to do that since you walked out of the bathroom" 

i moaned as he continued to kiss me and said "don't ruin it please. let me enjoy this." 

"with pleasure" he said...only i dont think we had the same idea in mind.