Chapter 10

Romel's POV

"No. No. No. No. No. Please, no please." is what I woke up to. I looked at the clock and it read 5:30 am. the plea's stopped for a minute but i kept hearing so i decided to get up and take a look.

As i walked toward Gabina, making sure it wasn't her, i heard her saying "No. No. No." That was all it took for me lean on the sofa-bed, grab a hold of her shoulders and say "Gabina, c'mon Gabina. Wake up, you're okay. Just open your eyes, babe, please c'mon Gaby."

With that she woke up scared, looked at me with a face full of tears, pulled away, put  her head between her legs and started crying. The gut wrenching feeling that came with seeing her cry is a feeling that i never wanted to feel again. I sat closer to her and pulled her in for a hug and whispered "Shh...it's fine don't worry. You're okay. It's fine, Gabina. You're safe. I'm here for you and so is everyone else." as i said all of this i was rubbing her back. I felt her pull away only this time she didnt move, she wrapped her arms around me and cried into my chest...

After a few minutes when she had managed to calmed down. "You want to talk about it" I asked her while rubbing her back.

"mmm....no let me just...uumm...actually...I might as well tell you." she said into my chest while she somewhat pulled away to look at me.

"You might not like what I'm going to tell you at all...so just be prepared. And after whatever I tell you promise me you'll be honest on what you think. I don't want you holding back because 'im fragile', just tell me straight out no betting around the bush" she said looking very serious and i feared what she may tell me but I wanted to her to open up. She had to tell someone because by the looks of it she might have not told anyone else. So i said "I promise."

"Umm...okay..." she said blowing out a breath she continued looking at me as she spoke but she played with her fingers "So while I was in Florida i met a guy, his name was Misael. This was at the beginning when i had just a little over month of being moved out there. He was sweet, caring and never really did anything to upset me. My family met him, they loved him. He was there for me after my mom died. Nothing was really bad. We started out as friends for a good 2 months and then he asked me to be his girlfriend. My family was happy to see me being happy they loved him and everything was going good until the day of the accident. I was coming back from work, I had stayed over time filing out paper work and i lost track of time." she started tearing up as she spoke "I was at a light...it turned green and i was turning i had the right of way...but you know how it is on Friday night. I was hit by a drunk driver on my side which caused my knee to move some weird way. All I remember was being in soo much pain. I blacked out, i couldn't handle that much pain. When I woke up i was in the hospital my family was there and so were Emily, Omar, Raul, and Keyri. They told me i was out for 2 days and that in the process of those 2 days i had surgery. The doctor came in and wanted to talk to me he said it was best. Everyone walked out and he asked me if i had been feeling sick. I said no. He told me that in the process of me getting by the car they managed to reason behind my migraines...i had a small tumor which they removed. I looked at him confused and told him that that wasn't possible there was no way i could've had a small tumor...he said anything is possible especially i was had been on the pill. But he said 'blood work doesn't lie. That my white blood cells were slightly elevated and no caught it because it was minor but because of the accident they couldn't take any chances.' I couldn't believe it. I was just shocked. i asked him if anyone else knew and he said that he thought it was best that i knew first. i told I was thankful no one knew because I didn't want any one to know. After that...Misael never came around. He just never showed up at the hospital and i took that as the relationship being over. I went through physical therapy and i never heard from him at all. 6 months later...we were at my aunt's house, Emily Raul and I in the living room, Keyri was getting ready, and Omar was in kitchen when we heard the doorbell. Raul went to open the door while me and emily stayed in the living room omar came over to where we were and sat down next to Emily and i yelled 'Keyri hurry up!! I wanna go out or something. Im tired if you guys keeping me in the house.' just as she was coming down the stairs oblivious of who was at the door. I heard Raul tell me to come to the door i got up and went and to my surprise Misael was there. He said he had had some issues that he needed to solve but that he wanted to be with me and i told him 'youre 6 months too late.' and at that moment Raul put his arm around my shoulders and we all walked out. I never heard from him again and then i moved back here."

Gaby's POV

   "...I never heard from him again and then i moved back here." I finished telling him evrything and he looked shocked. Opening and closing his mouth as if he were tring to to finf the words to say to me. I couldn't take the silence so I took hold of his face in my hands and looking at him i said "say something please...anything at all is better than this silence."

"I don't know what you want me to say. I can't imagine what you went through nor can i pretend to. I'm just shocked." he said looking at me with honesty and hint of guilt in his eyes or could i have been imagining that but there was something else and i didn't like it at all. With that i got up and went to my closet took out my workout clothes and went to bathroom. By the time i got out of the bathroom Romel was sitting on my bed. I made the sofa-bed put everything back in its place, grabbed my phone by my bed and went to open my balcony door. But before i walked out i turned around and said "no one knows what happened except Emily and Aarin...and well now you. And i would love to keep it that way if you don't mind."

He said "i wouldn't say anything, Gabi-" but i cut him off and said "good to know" and with that i walked out of room, and towards my dance room. Time to forget everyone and dance it out. Here's pretending like nothing happened this morning.