chapter 7

kenzie's p.o.v.

the next morning, i was woken by a knock on the door. by the time i was down, johnny had already opened it, and maddie was standing there, shocked.

i stood next to them, and then gasped at what i saw.

"mom!" i cried, my eyes tearing up.

she ran up to maddie and i, hugging us.

when we were done with our greeting, we finally spoke.

"mom, how'd you know where i was?" i asked, very relieved that i was now with all of my family.

"well, it just happens to be-"

"i guess your mom is very smart! she probably found out where you were by lots of research!" johnny cut her off, smiling.

something was obviously suspicious, but i didn't care at this point. my mom was here!

"i'm definitely staying here. i can't stand being away from my two girls!" she said, enveloping us in a hug once again, this time including lauren and johnny.

——————————————

"guys, i'm gonna go upstairs to see what johnny's up to, i'll be back in a bit." i told them, standing.

i opened the door to his room, revealing him staring at his phone screen.

he looked up, his emerald green eyes staring into my brown ones.

"you need something?" he asked.

"i just thought we should talk about yesterday. you- you said you liked me."

"you said you liked me.." he said, smiling.

"yeah, yeah, i do. for sure. but, i just wanna ask. is it official? if you don't want to be official or dating or whatever, we don't have to. i was just thinking that-"

"if you want to be, of course we are." he cut me off, standing up.

i couldn't stand being away from him any longer. i stood on my tippy toes and wrapped my arm around his neck. he wrapped his around my waist, pecking my forehead lightly.

"should we announce it? like- to everyone down there?" i asked, and he nodded.

——————————————

telling everyone was fun. they smiled, were shocked, and were nice about it.

maddie was a little mad that she still hadn't seen jack, though.

suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door.

i stood, but johnny stopped me.

"it's still not safe to answer the door. that sounds like a knock from the cops- or your father. maddie, kenzie, and melissa, go hide in my room." johnny demanded.

i tried to say no, but he just crossed his arms and waited as the knocking continued.

we finally went upstairs and watched the scene.

"hi, sir. mackenzie's step father, correct?" johnny asked, being polite.

he pushed johnny, walking in.

"where are they? i know they're here!" he shouted, making his way through everything.

he started to head upstairs when johnny stopped him.

"sir, you're not allowed to come into my house like that! please get out, i don't know who you're looking for." johnny said. wow, johnny's a good actor.

"you shut up and let me do what i need to. if you don't have them, you shouldn't care." my step dad claimed.

"i need privacy in my home! get out!" johnny demanded, his tone high.

"excuse me? do you have any idea how much older than you i am?" he shouted.

"i will not respect you. now, get out or you'll regret it. i'll call the cops. in fact, i'll tell my sister to right now. hey, lauren-"

"stop! i will leave, but i'll be back. and i'll win. i always win." my step dad cut johnny off, walking out. johnny shut the door, grinning.

[598 words]

—————

sorry for the short chapter!

also, these chapters are pre-written, but before i publish this one, i came back just to beg you guys to like my recent on my instagram account @/aftereff3cts. i already got the amount of comments i need, but i just really need the likes. please go like it.