chapter 13

kenzie's p.o.v.

"kenzie, it's 6am! wake up!" shouted a familiar voice.

my mom.

i grunted, turning over.

"seriously, kenz?"

she finally left, but came back in with a bucket of water, which she dumped in my face. how rude!

that didn't even get me to wake up. i hate waking up on monday's!

"mackenzie!" my mom shouted at the top of her lungs, causing me to fall off of the bed.

well, that got me up.

———————————

(kenzie's outfit)

ugh, and here i was at hell yet again

now, i had to face hayden and nadia. great, just great!

a whisper in my ear made me jump, and then i comprehended what it said.

"hey."

i turned around, revealing johnny.

"you scared the hell out of me!" i shouted, punching his shoulder.

"language, ziegler. now, you two, get to class." the principal said as she walked by.

i fake a smile and walked ahead, before johnny pulled me back.

"i'll miss you." he whispered, kissing my cheek.

"johnny, we're gonna be in different classes for an hour, not even a day. relax." i claimed, but i couldn't even convince myself.

of course i'd miss him. it would be impossible not to.

"okay, kenz. see ya." he said, walking away after smiling at me.

————————

i scrolled through instagram, rolling my eyes at nadia's new post.

liked by brandonrowland, rubyroseturner, and 18 others

nadiaturner: i'm 100% hotter than you, whoever's reading this :)

cringing, i looked up from my phone, and there was johnny.

i closed my locker, smiling.

"hello." he greeted, giving me a short hug.

"hi, john!" i exclaimed, happy to see him.

looking down at my phone, i saw a post from joeybirlem.

woah. those muscles. those abs. johnny obviously had more, but i was too lost in the picture to remember anything.

i stared and stared.

"kenzie, hello? it's my third time shouting your name! what's on your phone that you're so obsessed with?" he asked, leaning over.

that got my attention.

before i could get out of the page, he saw joeys post.

"were you seriously staring at his picture?" he questioned, looking pissed.

"sorry, john. i just got los-"

"no, shut the hell up." he interrupted.

"what the hell? you're actually this mad? gosh, you're so butthurt." i complained, but he got even madder, and there was so much sadness as well.

"you've gotten mad at me so many times for the dumbest reasons. you broke up with me because i had money! you thought i kissed nadia when she kissed me and i pulled away! you're so obsessed with yourself, why don't you ever think of others? you're so selfish!" he shouted.

i couldn't help it, the tears were unstoppable. i ran out of the building, racing home.

———————

johnny's p.o.v.

i knocked on the door, and maddie answered.

"you! it must've been you! what did you do? what did you do to my sister, you little-"

"maddie, stop!" melissa cut her off.
"don't act like this hasn't happed before. it's not all his fault she's already going through a lot right now." melissa explained.

she's already going through a lot right now?

i'm so horrible!

what kind of man yells at his girlfriend?

"what happened? what did i do?" i asked, worried.

"johnny, relax. like my mom said, it's not your fault. it just that she's laying in bed right now and she won't talk to anyone, go anywhere, eat anything, and she drank water only because you can't last three days without it, but that it. the first time this happened was when she was 15, and it lasted a month. we just gotta keep talking to her until she decides to talk." maddie explained, but i still felt guilty.

"but her birthday is in 4 days!" i worried.

they sighed, shrugging.

"we can celebrate it in her room, but we're not sure that she'll stop ignoring us by then." melissa told me.

"may i come in?" i asked, and they nodded.

i was up the stairs and into her room within a flash.

there she was, laying in her bed, looking tired. she obviously had been crying and there were still tears coming out of her eyes. she didn't make eye contact with me, and she looked away.

"kenzie, i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. i shouldn't have said that. i was really dumb. please talk to me. you're not selfish." i begged, but she ignored me.

"mackenzie, i'm gonna come to you everyday after school and stay until night, even if it means i have to wake up early in the morning so that i can go home and get dressed into new clothes. even if it means i have to bring clothes here and take a shower here. i promise you that." i told her, taking her chair from her desk and bringing it next to the bed.

i sat there. begging her to talk to me, but nothing.

[825 words]

———————-

i never really come on
here anymore but i'm just updating
lmao life sucks currently. peace.