chapter 12

johnny's p.o.v.

lauren and kenzie had plans to hang out today, and kenzie hadn't responded to my texts in 3 whole days. this was my chance.

"hey, laur. how're you? i gave back those headphone i borrowed, sorry for keeping them for so long, i really shouldn't hav-"

"you're not coming today, john. sorry." lauren cut me off.

"why not? i told you what happened, i'll just tell her. i literally have the video proof."

"she'll be mad at me for being you with me and won't even wanna talk to either of us. how will you tell her then?" lauren questioned.

"lauren, please!" i begged.

"ugh, whatever. i hate you." she groaned, giving in.

i smiled, walking into my room.

—————————

kenzie's p.o.v.

i opened the door, and lauren was there.

"hey." i greeted sadly. i was still pretty sad about johnny.

behind her, there was johnny.

what in the world?

i ignored him.

"come in, lauren!" i insisted, trying to act happy.

"yeah, i seriously need to go to the bathroom, i'll be right back!" lauren shouted, running in.

johnny slowly came in, closing the door after. i took a seat on the couch, and he sat next to me.

well, this is awkward.

"kenz?" he asked, but i chose to ignore him.

"mackenzie,"

"kenzie."

"please, babe!"

well, that got me to answer.

"what?" i asked, mad.

"i have proof. i pushed her away right when she kissed me. please look." he begged, shoving his phone in my face.

i pushed it away, rolling my eyes.

it was probably a dumb video of them making out that he thought he could call "proof".

"kenzie, i'm begging you." he whispered, his eyes red.

god, it hurt me way more than it hurt him, but i had to act normal. he cheated on me.

"i'm sorry, johnny, but it's done. we're done. that's it, no changes." i replied, tearing up.

"kenzie, i can't lose you again. please!" he cried, and i shut my eyes, not wanting to see his pain.

"get out." i whispered.