chapter 9

kenzie's p.o.v.

i stared in the mirror and doubted myself for a month and 4 days in a row, now.

no black. just color.

gosh, i hate school.

—————————————

i closed my locker, revealing hayden summerall behind it.

"hi, kenzie. i heard that you and johnny broke up. is that true?" he asked, giving me the look that everyone else has after we broke up.

"yes. i broke up with him, so don't be concerned. he's a great guy and did nothing wrong, so don't be mad at him. now, what's in it to you?" i questioned, crossing my arms.

"do you know laura munchies?"

"of course, she's the best cook in california. why?"

"well, i happen to know her personally and she has a new restaurant opening. i want to take you, on me. are you down?" he asked, making me shocked.

"are you kidding?"

"am i laughing? nope. i'm all facts." he claimed, chuckling.

"of course i'm 'down.' when, where, and how?"

"8:00pm until about 2am, at her new restaurant 'sea the ocean'," he started, making me giggle. "and i'll pick you up." he finished.

"oh my god, thank you so much, hayden. i guess i'll see you there." i said, just in time for the bell to ring.

—————————————————

i looked in the mirror, hoping i looked good. see, this is what i liked better about my relationship with johnny.

for him, i could look like trash, and he'd still be the sweetest boy ever. hayden, on the other hand, is all about looks.

(her outfit)

i received a text from hayden, telling me to go outside and that he was ready

i received a text from hayden, telling me to go outside and that he was ready. smiling, i stepped out of my house, getting into his car.

"mackenzie, you look- um- like a mackenzie." hayden said. he seemed okay with my look.

he didn't love it, but at least he didn't hate it.