c. seven

[ an: i stayed up all last night through the zayn tongue piercing and the #harrydontlickanything drama. and holy crap i was not disappointed.

so we have a new cover and almost 2k reads. can we get to that after this chapter?

this one is a time skip, as i said in the last chapter. niall has gotten more comfortable around harry and i think you will like what's happened at the end. ((:

i'm going to start dedicating chapters to some of my best commenters. the first dedication goes to FrenchLovatic. (: ]

-x-

"Harry!" Niall called out into the house. A mumble came from upstairs followed by the sound of feet going down the stairs. "Make me breakfast, please!"

"Do you want cereal again?" Harry groaned in his morning voice.

"Can you make pancakes today?" Niall asked, a small smile on his face.

"Niall, that takes a lot of ingredients," Harry whined, trying to fix his curls which he would probably push back later like he always does.

"Someone's not a morning person," Niall grumbled, hopping off of the counter he was sitting on and walking up to Harry.

Harry was rubbing his red eyes tiredly. "I'm sorry, Ni. I stayed up all last night trying to write a song."

Niall knew that Harry had to go on tour soon. As his Pick, he was allowed to go with him, but he was not allowed to know any details. Meaning he couldn't hear any of the songs Harry was writing and he couldn't help Harry with any songs. He also couldn't be there during Harry's meetings or sound checks. And rehearsals was definitely out of the question.

Niall didn't think it was fair. In the week he had been living with Harry, he had gotten to know a lot about the man. He never would've known that Harry likes to brush the left side of his teeth longer than the right side because that's the side he chews with. He never would've known Harry falls asleep almost exactly at midnight.

Harry also learned stuff about Niall. Niall doesn't like alcohol, but if you get him wound up enough he will drink several pints. That happened two nights after the Picking ceremony, when Harry took Niall to a bar.

All Harry could say is that Niall is definitely a cuddly drunk. Oh, and Niall definitely likes to say whatever he wants when he is under the influence. For example, he told Harry that he's admired his curls ever since he was twelve and once dreamed about wearing a sweater made of them.

Harry also learned several of Niall's habits. He bites his fingernails when he was nervous, he didn't like to say when he was mad (Harry dropped an orange on Niall's toe and Niall still has a giant bruise on it) but will rather give the silent treatment, which Harry received for two hours. Niall doesn't like pets, and Niall talks in his sleep. Harry has heard him talk in the guest room all the way from his room

"Why don't we go out to eat today?" Harry asked Niall, and was proud of offering it when Niall's face lit up.

"Ooh, can we go to IHOP? I like their pancakes."

"Why do you crave pancakes so much?"

"Because they're good!" Niall laughed and Harry didn't think he could ever get enough of Niall's laughter.

"Okay, go get dressed. I'll fix myself up, too."

"Um, Harry..."

"Yes?"

That was another habit of Niall. If he wanted to ask something to Harry that wasn't a simple question, he'd get all shy again. Harry had gotten used to it, and was determined to get Niall out of that shell once and for all.