c. ten

[ double update because we are on chapter ten! after this chapter, the story will pick up more (pun not intended).

this involves more zayn drama and a little bit of fan boy liam. so yay!

dedicated to aneliz bc she is the other half of the elizaneliz rapping duet. <33 ]

-x-

"Niall, are you absolutely positive you want to go out?"

It had been 2 days since Harry had come home, and Niall was no longer getting fevers and his throat was feeling fine. The media and Harry's management were going crazy. The boys hadn't had a public appearance in 4 days. There were rumors spreading: Niall had gotten pregnant, Harry had killed Niall, Niall had killed Harry, and stupid things like that,

Management was forcing Harry to go out, but he was still concerned for Niall. Niall was finally able to speak again, so his worry dropped a little bit, but nonetheless he was unsure whether they should be in public or not.

"For the last time, I'm fine." Niall gave Harry a big smile to prove it.

"Okay. But I have no idea what we can do."

"Well, if you take me out to eat one more time the media is going to think you're trying to get me fat," Niall snickered.

Harry pouted at him. "That's not true. I don't think you even can get fat."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You've eaten almost everything in the fridge, freezer, pantry, and cabinets. Anytime we go somewhere, you clear your entire plate. Now, I'm not accusing you of not exercising, but--"

"You're hilarious if you think I actually exercises."

"I don't. Your metabolism works at lighting speed, so you can't get fat."

"Is that a challenge?"

"No, Niall, it is most certainly not a challenge."

Niall laughed, throwing his head back and everything. "We should go walk around or something."

Harry gave Niall a look of disgust. "Walk?"

"Yeah," Niall shrugged. "We can run into some of your fans, take pictures and sign autographs, and there would be a better chance of being noticed more if we're walking around instead of hiding in some restaurant."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Since when did you become a publicity expert?"

Niall just grinned at him. "Ever since I started hanging out around you."

"So... two weeks ago?"

"Something like that. Go get dressed in walking clothes or something. Make yourself presentable."

"Want me to help you with your hair again?"

Harry was asking him so he could touch Niall's hair again. Niall said yes so he could feel Harry touching his hair again.

-x-

 "I specifically said we would walk. Why are we driving, Harry?" Niall asked, stepping into Harry's car anyway.

Apparently, Harry's "walking clothes" consisted of a white sweater and tight black jeans with a white fedora. Niall had just a plain white t-shirt on with black jeans as well paired with sunglasses. Niall insisted Harry was going to get too hot, and Harry insisted that Niall's outfit was too bland.

"We are driving because I don't want to have to walk all the way downtown. I'll park the car somewhere and we'll walk from there."

Niall sighed and leaned back in his seat. "Well, in that case, maybe we could stop by a cafe or something."