c. thirteen

[ SOME THINGS TO SAY SO READ UP:

First off, the dedication goes to Princess Heleb because I'm her numero uno bae so back off.

Thank you all so so so much for 10k reads and 1k votes! I remember when I was freaking out about 5 votes and 50 reads! This story has come really far, hasn't it?

So on August 9th I went to my concert in Boston, MA. I was about 15-20 feet away from One Direction, and I could see the sweat on their heads and the hair on their legs.

They're actually real, guys. They're rEAL!!!!

I'd like to thank Manon (@FrenchLovatic) for helping me come up with an idea for this chapter. This is a major filler, but next chapter will be the date.

This explains more about the war and how things worked in the Picking house. ]

To say Niall was growing on Harry was an understatement.

Niall had made himself a garden on Harry's heart.

Okay, that wasn't the best way to describe Harry's feelings for the blonde boy. He wasn't in love with Niall yet - heck, they haven't even kissed yet!

He knew one day he would be in love with Niall, though.

How could you not be?

Niall was everything Harry had ever wanted in a partner. He was sweet, funny, bubbly, talked a lot, sarcastic, and very good at hugging. Plus, Harry could make Niall blush by simply touching him, which was a major bonus.

They were nearing their one month anniversary but it felt like they had known each other longer than that. Harry knew so much about the him already, and Niall was the same way. Sure, they spend all day with each other, but it still was like Harry had known Niall from childhood.

Harry could make a list of a hundred things he likes about Niall. He could name of tons of Niall's habits and his favorite things. Niall could ask him a question - like "salt or pepper?" - and Harry would be able to get it quickly (obviously salt, Niall sneezes a lot around pepper).

But Harry had a desire to know more about Niall. There was a huge chunk of Niall's life he had no clue about, and that was all of his years in the Picking house.

Harry knew it was a sensitive topic; no Picks really got into detail about their childhood. In fact, asking questions about a Pick's past was frowned upon.

Harry, however, was determined to find out more things about it. And that was why he was sitting across from a very uncomfortable Niall at their dinner table at the moment.

"Niall, please. I just have one question and then you can go," Harry pleaded with the boy who was fidgeting nervously across from him.

"You said it involved my childhood though," Niall's voice was a whisper, clearly nervous.

"It's not too personal, though."

"We've been over this, Harry. Growing up was not easy for me."

"Yeah, I know! But I want to know all about it. It's the only part of you I don't know about."

Niall scoffed. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

"Oh yeah? Want to test that out?"

"Now is not a good time for Narry Trivia."

"Please?"

"Get on with your question!"