1. Sky High

The sound of rock music woke me up before my alarm clock did. I figured it was my adoptive brother Will working out on his weight lifting equipment. Our rooms are right across from each other, which made it easier to hear each other. There were times I wished my room was soundproof.

The minute I opened my eyes, I knew it was time to get all set for my first day of Sky High, a special high school for superheroes.

I'm actually a dragon shifter

I'm actually a dragon shifter. I was adopted by Will's parents Steven and Josie Stronghold a.k.The Commander and Jetstream when I was a baby and shifted for the first time when I was twelve. Even though I wasn't related to them by blood, I was still considered a member of the family.

Will, on the other hand, doesn't have any powers, well yet. Mom and Dad don't know that. I've been trying to convince Will to tell them the truth, but he kept on refusing to worry about disappointing them. Again, I assured him that he had their support.

Whenever it was possible, Will and I both would head out to the end of town where I'd shift and let him ride on my back while I flew wanting to give my brother the feeling of flying since Mom's power was flight while Dad's was ultimate strength.

I managed to use the bathroom and brush my teeth before Will came out of his room. Not that any of us take long in there!

I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a black tank top and a blue, black and white plaid shirt

I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a black tank top and a blue, black and white plaid shirt. Yeah, I'm mostly a jeans and shirt person. I wear a lot of shirts to hide my birthmark on the back of my right shoulder which was in the shape of a black and blue dragon, which confirmed to many in the superhero community that I was a dragon shifter. But, they respected the fact that I was adopted by the Strongholds and lived for most of my life with them. To humans, it looked like a tattoo. I just don't like showing it off. I'm just self-conscious about certain parts.

I'm also a tomboy. Its also no wonder Will and I always got along well as kids. Plus, my theme colors are blue, black and some white.

Next, I slipped on a pair of black Flyers and clipped on my necklace that had a dragon-shaped pendant and brushed my hair a bit and grabbed my backpack that had my school stuff packed and set to go. Walking out of the room, Dad was at Will's bedroom door.