11. Dragon Up

After Will left, Zach and Magenta crawled back into the vent since there wasn't much they could do.

Warren, Layla, Ethan and I stood our ground against Speed, Lash, and Penny. Yet again, my dragon was threatening to shift.

Wait! It's too small in here! You won't fit! I linked with her.

Warren lit his hands up and Speed ran past him swiftly, making him run after him. Penny's clones appeared and pursued Layla. Lash stretched his arm and grabbed Ethan.

I have an idea! My dragon replied.

I slid out of my shoes and threw off my jacket and my skin itched once again morphing into blue scales. My feet and hands shifted into claws. Next, my wings extended out at the same time as my tail. I felt my teeth sharpen and my vision enhance even more.

In seconds, I saw that my appearance was a splice of human and dragon blended together. I looked more like a gargoyle with scales.

I turned and saw Ethan being pressed against the lockers by Lash's extended arm. I flew in ready to attack Lash snarling which sounded animalistic.

"Ava?!" Ethan gasped seeing my form.

It's still me Ethan! I'm coming! I answered since I couldn't use my voice.

"Go help the others! I'll deal with Lash!"

You sure?

As Lash directed a punch at Ethan, I saw the latter melt into a puddle an inch away into the boy's restroom. Lash's first hit the locker, hurting himself.

"Come back and fight! You..." Lash yelled.

He turned to me and his face paled like he had seen Smaug himself and darted after Ethan.

Looks like Ethan can handle him. My dragon nodded.

Yeah! I nodded.

I caught up with Warren who glanced at me for a bit, surprised to see my new spliced form.

Don't worry, it's me. I mind-linked him.

I saw Warren's hands engulfed in flames as Speed was making it hard for him to throw a fireball at him.

Speed ran ahead while Warren pursed him. I flapped my wings and hovered about a foot off the floor. Right up ahead, I saw Ethan had gotten out of the boy's restroom. It looked like he already dealt with Lash. On seeing Speed running super fast towards him, Ethan melted into his puddle form, causing the bully to slip.

I inhaled deeply and let out an ice breath, causing the floor ahead to ice up, which made it easy for Warren to throw a fireball at Speed, which got him in the rear and smashes headfirst into the wall.

"Way to go, Popsicle," Warren commended Ethan and they both high fived each other.

"Nice shot Ava," Ethan smiled.

Thanks! I nodded.

I left the guys and tracked Layla into the cafeteria where Penny and her clones were cornering her. On seeing the original Penny smack Layla in the face with a smirk, that set me off.

That's it! No one hits my best friend and gets away with it! I snarled.

"Big mistake," Layla glared at Penny.

I flew in roaring and landed at my friend's side. Penny and her clones stepped back. I sensed that it wasn't just my form. Layla was using her powers!

 Layla was using her powers!