12. All Heroes

Eventually, the Pacifier was reconfigured and everyone was back to their rightful ages again. And Gwen and her posse were placed in the detention room, which prevented them from using their powers.

"People, if you have already been de-Pacified, please find your clothes, grab a baby and report to the Science Lab," Principal Powers called out.

"Mom? Dad? Ava?" Will asked getting our attention as I helped our parents get snug into their uniforms, "I just wanna say I'm sorry because this whole thing was my fault."

"Aw honey, you can't blame yourself," Mom said placing a hand on his shoulder lovingly.

"'Course not," Dad nodded agreeing with her.

"How were you supposed to know that your ex-girlfriend was a total psychopath?" I asked.

"No, that not it," Will shook his head and turned to Dad, "Um, you gave me one rule, and I broke it. I took her into the sanctum, and that's how she got the Pacifier. The whole party was a trap."

"And so was a homecoming, Will," Dad interjected, "We all fell into Royal Pain's trap, but you defeated her. You both saved Sky High and everyone in her."

"We didn't do it by ourselves."

I shook my head, "It took all of us." I glanced at Warren, Layla, Zach, Magenta, Ethan, and Ron and smiled at all of them.

"Excuse me. Steve? Josie?" Mr. Boy approached us and turned to Mom and Dad and showed them the Hero of the Year trophy, "Even though it appears Gwen only came up with this award as a way to lure you to the dance and your ultimate doom, still it's inscribed, so..."

He looked like he was about to hand the trophy to Mom. Dad took it instead, "I'd be honored to accept this "Hero of the Year" award. But, I'm afraid that this doesn't belong to us."

He and Mom turned to Will's and my friends and all of us approached them. Will stood next to Layla while I went over to Warren and smiled.

"It belongs to them," Mom added, "The Sidekicks. I mean Hero Support."

"Why don't we just call them what they really are, Josie?" Dad suggested, "Heroes."

He held out the trophy and Ethan, Zach, Magenta, and Ron touched it as a group.

"That'll look great in the display case out here," I nodded.

"Yeah totally," Ethan nodded as he held the trophy after Dad handed it to him.

Both Mom and Dad turned to Mr. Boy.

"Oh, and, Jonathan?" Dad said to him, "Whatever you're teaching them, keep teaching them it."

They both shook hands and Mom kissed him on the cheek as she would to Will and me.

Before they left, Dad shook Warren's hand. I had a hunch Dad had learned about my dragon sensing Warren as her and my mate and was okay with it. Just as long as Warren didn't go against it. That was the thing. I needed to tell him before the night ended!