10. Homecoming

Later in the morning, after having breakfast with Layla and her family, I walked back home to get ready for homecoming. On my way to my room, I stopped and saw Will, who was in his room.

"Hey Will," I nodded as I knocked on the doorframe.

"Hey A. Heard you slept over at Layla's," he said.

"Yeah. She needed a friend after last night.

"I dumped Gwen after she left."

"That great. You saw what kind of person she is. But what about you? How are you after all this?"

"Layla still won't talk to me. I tried calling her a gazillion times, but no answer. And, I'm not going to the dance tonight."

"Sensed that."

Will glanced at me like he was surprised that I was already aware of his plans.

"One of the perks of being a dragon shifter is picking up on people's feelings quickly," I said.

"Yeah. Sometimes I wish I could do that," Will nodded.

I hugged my brother.

"You sure you're gonna be okay?" I asked.

"I'll be fine," he replied, "Go and have fun A."

I was about to leave when I glanced back at my brother, "Will? Are you okay with the fact of my dragon sensing Warren as my mate?"

"Yeah. You two go together well. I mean, he throws fireballs, and you breathe fire," he nodded.

"And ice."

"Yep!"

I took a shower and cleaned myself up well

I took a shower and cleaned myself up well. I slid on my dress along with a denim jacket and a pair of comfy shoes and let my hair down and applied a little bit of makeup. I don't wear it as much, but only for special occasions.

 Mom helped me curl my hair ends with an ironing curl since I didn't know how to use it yet. I saw that she was in her Jetstream uniform. I was told earlier that she and Dad would be at the dance to be represented with the Heroes of the Year award.

"You look so beautiful Ava," Mom smiled after she was done.

"Thanks, Mom," I smiled back at her.

I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"You might wanna meet up your friends. We'll see you there," Mom suggested. 

"Okay," I nodded.

She kissed me on the cheek and I headed downstairs. On the way out the door, I saw Dad trying to smuggle his Sky High yearbook into his Commander uniform.

"Hey Dad," I smiled.

"Hey kiddo," he said trying to hide the yearbook, but my dragon eyesight caught it, "You headed to the dance already?"