6. Fireproof & A Big Surprise

A few days later, after the weekend flew by, we were back at school

A few days later, after the weekend flew by, we were back at school. After landing in the bus parking lot, Ron opened the doors.

"Welcome to Sky Hi-" he was cut off when a familiar striped arm stretched inside the bus and swiped his hat.

Ron darted out of the bus but wasn't quick enough since Speed already had it and was running with his super. Seeing those two harass the friendly bus driver, my dragon was already growling.

"C'mon! If you're not gonna respect me, at least respect the hat!" Ron frowned.

"Guys. Guys, c'mon. Give Ron his hat back," Will called trying to reason with the two jerks.

After stepping out of the bus, I threw my bag and shoes to the side and shifted into my dragon form and glared down at Lash and Speed growling.

"Alright. You're the sidekick," Lash said taking the hat from Speed, "Give him his hat back." He threw it back at Ron, only for it to land in a puddle.

Will picked up the hat and handed it back to Ron as I shifted back to human form.

"We'll catch you later Stronghold," Lash laughed as he and Speed headed up the steps, "And you too Dragon Girl!"

"Thanks, Will, and Ava," Ron said.

"Sure Ron," Will nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Later, during lunch, I sat with Layla and the others as usual while Will got his own lunch.

"Will!" I called out seeing my brother enter in carrying his lunch tray.

"Over here!" Layla smiled.

"Saved you a seat!" Zach waved.

"Hey, and I saved you a pudding!" Ethan smiled holding up a chocolate pudding cup with a spoon sticking in it.

In second, Speed zipped by and swiped it. Why can't those two leave my friends and brother alone?!

Just as Will made his way over to us, he suddenly fell and the contents from his tray splattered on Warren.

My dragon eyesight caught on to what and who made my brother trip over.

Lash! I mentally growled seeing his arm stretched across the cafeteria floor after having grabbed Will's ankle.