Two Months

"I think we are all done ," I said falling on the couch.

Me and Dario had officially packed up all of Jared's things. Everything he ever gave me and the stuff he brought over due to all the time he spent here.

"Finally. Want to grab some food?" He asked sprawling out on the couch next to me.

"I got to deliver all this stuff but you can meet me at the cafe down the street in like twenty minutes," I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," he gave me a quick hug before getting up and hurrying out the door.

I don't know if I should knock or just barge in leave the stuff and go. If I knocked I would have to see him but if I didn't knock I would be barging into a place that I no longer felt I was welcome. It was weird now that we aren't together, everything was so simple when we were together, his place was mine and mine was his.

I knock on the door and wait for him to answer.

"Coming," I heard him yell out on the other side of the door.

His door swung open and he looked surprised to see me.

"I brought over your things," I said not even bothering with a hello.

"Sam can we talk about this?" He asked.

"There is nothing to talk about Jared." I shoved him aside and entered.

"Come on Samantha. I love you we can work this all out," he followed me as I made my way to his room.

"How long?" I asked, knowing I didn't want to hear the answer.

"Sam don't do this, it's all in the past."

"How fucking long Jared?" I said louder.

"Two months,"

"Two fucking months?! You were banging some other chick behind my back for two whole months! There is nothing here we can work out, it's over and it will always be over I never want to see you ever again." I screamed emptying the contents of the box on his floor.

Tears threatened to fall but I tried to hold them back as I went and collected all the things I had left here. Spare clothes, makeup, jewelry they all went into the box.

"Sam stop," he said as I pushed past him going for the door.

"Don't talk to me ever again," I yelled and slammed the door.

Once I stepped away from his apartment I let the tears shoot down my face and once they started I could not stop them. I'm soon balling my eyes out waiting for the elevator.

Two months.

He had been cheating for two months and I had no idea. I am an idiot, how could I be so stupid, I loved him.

The elevator finally opened and I swear someone out there was out to get me. Right in front of me was Wes. I rushed to wipe away my tears not wanting him to see me like this. I stepped into the elevator and quickly face away from him.

Was he stalking me? This is ridiculous, i swear he must have a tracker or something.

"I live in the building," he said  like he could read my mind.

"It's a nice building," I said.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I spun around finally facing him.

"Really? You give up on us, leaving me heartbroken and now you decide that you care about me and want to see if I am ok? Jesus Christ Wes I really can not deal with you and all your bullshit today."

"Sam.. I'm sorry," I heard the elevator open behind me and I spun and raced out of there.

I met up with Dario just like I told him I would. I am a couple minutes late but I had to clean myself up so he couldn't tell I had been crying.

"So how did it go?" He questioned.

"I ran into Wes," I said not wanting to talk about my cheating boyfriend.

"Oh I forgot to tell you that he lived in that building. Was kind of the last thing on my mind with the whole breakup and all." He shrugged.

"Yeah it's fine, I won't be going into that building ever again so no need to worry about seeing him," I gave Dar a fake smile to try to prove to him I am ok but I know he doesn't buy it.

"Sam are you sure you are ok? A lot has happened today" he pressed.

"Ok so it sucks, getting your heartbroken and then having to constantly run into the first guy that ever broke it. But I'm going to focus on work and it will all be fine."

"Has Laney talked to you?" He asked changing the subject.

"Yeah she called this morning with the news about them getting married,"

"Ok well me you and my mom are going with her to get a dress sometime in the next week. And then I know she is going to need you for bridesmaids dresses sometime soon as well. And you need to plan her bachelorette party since you are the maid of honor, but I can help you with that." He listed.

"What? That's a lot of stuff. And it's all so fast," I worried.

"Yeah they are not messing around I think they trying to do this as quickly as possible."

"Ok but why do I need to go and get the dress with her? I am not good with dresses and stuff I don't know how I am supposed to help."

"You are her maid of honor you have to go, even though Laney has all the styling knowledge she ever needs it nice to have family and friends there to give input."

"Ok I'll go but you are helping me with that bachelorette party," I said.

"Of course I love planning parties, and I know my sister better than I know myself." He laughed.

I walked into my empty apartment and it felt so lonely in there. I had rarely ever spent a night away from Jared, the only time we weren't together was when he had to work but even then he would slip into the apartment late at night just to be able to sleep next to me. My heart hurt thinking of these nights he was out late. I couldn't help but imagine him out with that girl and then coming home to me.

I let myself cry one more time, I didn't want to cry over him. He was not worth it but for the last year he was the most important person to me. I spent all my time with him and he could make me laugh even if I was in a dark place.

I curled up into my bed and let myself cry until my eyes dried out and I had no more tears left to cry.

A/N-

Ok that was a sad ending, I hate making my characters sad.

So my initial plan was to update every Monday but I have so many chapters pre written and I don't want to make you guys wait a whole week so I'm changing it to Monday and Thursday.

In my next chapter you will learn more about what happened between Wes and Sam and there will be scenes with Laney.

Until then, vote and comment

-cora Leigh