The beginning

"Why am I here," I sighed looking at Ethan and Laney smiling at each other.

It had been a month since I went dress shopping with Laney and since then I had gotten my bridesmaid dress which was thankfully not pink.

"I'm sorry I wanted to have lunch with friend," Laney pouted.

"I just feel like a third wheel on your lunch date,"

"Maybe you should get back out there and find someone," Laney suggested.

"Laney don't," Ethan stepped in.

"She hasn't talked to him in a month," She said softly to Ethan.

"You guys do know I am literally sitting right here?" I questioned.

I knew Laney wanted me and Wes together but she needed to leave it alone.

"I'm sorry Sam we didn't mean to pry," Ethan apologized.

He eyed Laney waiting for her to say sorry but she was being stubborn. He sent me an apologetic look but I knew Laney would not say sorry if she did not think she was in the wrong.

--

Ethan stopped by my place later, Laney was out doing wedding stuff and she for the most part made all the decisions and kept Ethan out of it. Not that he really minded he did not have the eye like Laney did.

"So what is she doing today?" I asked as he cooked in the kitchen.

"Flowers," Ethan said.

"Exciting," I laughed.

"She asked me this morning if I had any ideas for what type of flowers I wanted and apparently white ones was not an acceptable answer," He shook his head.

I just laughed. Ethan knew nothing about flowers and it was cute that Laney even asked for his opinion.

"So how's it going with you," he eyed me.

I knew where this was going.

"I've been working a lot," I shrugged not wanting to talk about Wes.

"Come on Sam it's just me, you know you can tell me anything."

"It was a mistake, I am not planning on getting back with him." I snapped.

"Are you planning on talking to him anytime soon or are you going to ignore him forever?"

"Why should I talk to him? We are not dating anymore and we aren't friends. There is no reason for me to try and talk to him."

"What about your friends Sam?" He asked.

"What about them?" I was confused.

"Are you really that oblivious? We are your friends but we are also his friends. You guys not talking makes it impossible to go out all together and no one likes always having someone missing."

"I'm sorry but me and Wes just have too much history,"

"I understand I just had to try,"

I smiled. My friends were everything to me but me and Wes could never be friends. All we ever did was argue I don't think I could ever just be civil with him.

--

I sat and thought about what Ethan said to me. Maybe he was right. Ever since the breakup we haven't been able to hang out as a whole group. I missed having everyone together.

I reached and grabbed my phone. I knew it was probably a bad idea but for Ethan I had to try.

"Hello?" He answered.