I forgive you

"Today is the day." Wes sighed when he pulled himself out of bed.

"I know you're dreading this but you will finally get the answers and closure you need to move on." I reminded him.

Me and Wes were having lunch with his dad. He called him last week to arrange a time to meet and finally talk this all out.

"Are we actually going to make it through the meal?" I asked him.

"One can only hope." He shrugged.

The knock on the door alerted us that wes' dad was finally here. I could see Wes shaking in his seat. He wasn't ready for this but it was too late to turn back now.

I opened the door to see Peter standing there with a bottle of wine.

"I know it's early and I can't drink but I didn't want to come empty handed." He extended the bottle to me.

"Thank you, come in." I smiled.

I showed him to the table and finished setting all the food that Wes made out on the table.

"I'm so happy you guys invited me over." Peter said breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry we didn't get around to doing it sooner." I said loading some food on my plate.

"This looks so good Samantha." Peter complimented.

"It was all Wes, I am completely helpless in the kitchen." I laughed.

"He gets that from his mom, I barely knew how to make toast."

I saw Wes tense at the mention of his mother. He hated how destroyed his mom had been when his dad left and now having his dad just bring her up I knew it bothered him.

"Can we just stop with all this small talk and just get to the elephant in the room? You left me and my mom and ruined our family." Wes finally spoke.

"I'm sorry Weston I regret my decision to leave everyday."

"Then why didn't you come back? Why wait all these years?" Wes argued.

"I was an addict."

"You're clean now?"

"Yeah three years clean."

Wes frowned. I knew he was mad, I was angry when I had learned his dad had only gotten clean three years ago.

"It took you three years to decide to make amends?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I tried to get in contact with you through your mom but she refused to let me talk to you."

"Don't blame my mother." Wes snapped.

"I'm not blaming anyone, I was the one that left it is my fault we haven't talked in over ten years."

"So you have spent the last three years getting your life together?" Wes asked.

"Yes three years ago I overdosed and luckily i didn't die. Since then I have turned my life around and I met someone."

"You are seeing someone?"

"Yes and I have a daughter. She is two years old." He smiled.

Wes sat there shocked. I was shocked too.

"So you abandon your family just to start a new one?"

"Weston it isn't like that." He argued.

"I think you decided that your family was too messed up so you wanted to start from scratch."

"Wes," I sighed and grabbed his hand.

He was getting worked up. I didn't want him to say something he might regret later.

"Me and your mother were so young when we had you and we jumped into things quickly and I was an addict things weren't meant to be between us. I have found the women I want to grow old with the one I want to be better for. I hope you can be happy for me."

"Do you even care that you destroyed my family, that my mother was heartbroken for years?"

"Of course I care, I loved your mother."

"I don't think I can do this." Wes shook his head.

"Do what?" I asked, concerned.

"I can't have a relationship with him," he gestured to his father.

"Son, I am here trying to make things right between us."

"No I'm not your son, I am just someone who happens to share your DNA." He snapped.

"I want to be a father to you Weston."

"You should have thought about that before you abandoned us."

"I'm so sorry about that." He apologized again.

"I forgive you but that doesn't mean I can ever trust you."

"I hope that one day things will be better between us." Peter frowned.

"Thank you Peter." Wes said.

"For what?" He questioned.

"For teaching me the kind of father I never want to be."

"I should go," Peter excised himself.

I didn't bother walking him out I just let him go.

"Are you ok?" I asked Wes.

"Yeah I needed that." He nodded.

"Im sorry things didn't go better." I walked over to him and wrapped him in my arms.

"I will never abandon you Sammie." He pulled me closer.

"You are going to be an amazing dad."

He pulled away and let his hand rest on my stomach.

"I'm so excited for this baby." He smiled.

"It can't come soon enough."

"The baby will be here before you know it."

It felt like everything was finally going to be okay. Now that Wes had finally got closure with his own father and we figured out the living situation we can go back to being the thriving couple we once were.

"I'm sorry I've been a shitty boyfriend lately." Wes said kissing my forehead.

"I've been a hormonal mess with crazy mood swings." I shrugged.

"I'll be better I promise."

I leaned in and connected our lips. All the emotions we had went into the kiss, the guilt, the love, the wanting.

"I love you." I said pulling away to breath.

"If only there were words to explain how I felt about you." He peaked me on the lips.

"Shut up and stop being so corny." I laughed.

"You love it." He laughed along with me.

"Only sometimes." I teased.

"I'm hurt." He frowned.

"Good." I winked and broke away to clean off the table.

A/n-

So I know this is a little later than I usually post but I had my first midterm today. It was rough but I've been super stressed because I have exams these next couple weeks.

This chapter was also very hard to write for some reason so it took forever to finish. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited to see where the story goes.

Comment and vote.

- cora Leigh