Thanksgiving dinner

I emptied out the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I had woken up feeling incredibly sick. It was my luck to get sick the morning of thanksgiving and a week before the bachelorette party. I was supposed to be going home for thanksgiving but I couldn't go now that I wasn't feeling good.

I made my way off my bathroom floor and into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of ginger ale and slowly sipped on it hoping it would calm my nausea.

I was starting to feel slightly better so I decided I would go to my thanksgiving dinner.

After a day in bed I got ready and went to my parents house.

"Sam I'm so glad you're here." My mom greeted.

"Hey mom," I smiled.

She pulled me into a hug.

"The food is going to be ready in a couple minutes." She let me in.

"I don't know how much I'll be eating I haven't been feeling to well." I confessed.

"You should have called and told me I would have just brought some food over to your place instead of making you come all this way."

"It's fine I'm feeling better I think it was just a quick stomach bug,"

"How long have you been feeling like this?"
My mom asked.

"I don't know I've been kinda nauseous for a couple days but I woke up this morning and basically emptied my stomach. I had some ginger ale this morning and I'm feeling better." I explained.

"When I got pregnant with you I had awful morning sickness." My mother hinted.

"I'm not pregnant mom," I waved her off.

"Are you sure?" She questioned.

I paused. Was I pregnant? I couldn't be pregnant.

"Come on," my mom lead me out of the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the drug store," she answered.

"What about thanksgiving dinner?"

"The chance of me having a grand baby is a higher priority."

I laughed.

Me and my mom bought the test and drove home. We got there just in time for the food.

I looked across at my mother and she just basically jumping in excitement. I couldn't even imagine if I was actually pregnant. She seemed happy but I was terrified. Me and Wes weren't even together this would make everything even more complicated.

After dinner my mom dragged me out of the room.

"Ok I can't wait any longer take the test." She shoved the box into my hands.

I nodded and went into the bathroom.

After I peed on the stick I just sat and waited. I started freaking out. If this was positive my life was going to fall apart. I knew if Wes found out that I was pregnant he would want to get back together but I don't want to date just because I was having his baby. I needed this to be negative. I wanted to have kids when my life was more together.

After a couple minutes I looked down as my heart sank. I looked at the two lines on the test, I was pregnant. I wanted to cry, what was I going to do?

"Honey can I come in?" I heard my mom say on the other side of the door.

"Yeah," I choked out.

She came in and immediately looked at the test.

"Oh my god I'm going to be a grandma," she freaked out.

I let myself fall apart. I couldn't do this.

"Honey it's going to be ok." My mom said wrapping her arms around me.

"No it's not. I don't know what to do."

"Talk to me Sam."

"Well me and Wes are not really together at the moment and I don't want to just date because I'm pregnant."

"I think that you should just talk to him about everything and see what happens before you freak out." My mom reasoned.

"Thanks mom," I hugged her.

I wanted to tell Wes I really did but I couldn't. If he found out everything would change and I didn't want to rush us.

The sound of my phone broke me out of my thoughts. It was Wes.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey want to grab a drink right now I have some things I want to talk to you about."

I couldn't drink now that I was pregnant and I had no clue what he was planning on talking to me about.

"I can't tonight. I have so much work to do," I lied.

"Oh that's fine I'll talk to you later then," he said.

"Ok bye." I hung up.

I needed to find a way to avoid him until I figured out what I was going to do about the baby. I needed to start with figuring out how I felt about Wes. Did I want something more with him? I think I do.

My stomach growled and I decided I should probably go to the store and grab some food to stock my fridge with.

I walked through the snack aisle and I saw the one person I thought I never had to see again. There I front of me was Nel holding a small child.

"Hey Sam." She greeted.

"Hey is that yours?" I asked motioning to the child.

"Yeah isn't she gorgeous," she beamed.

"Yeah she is," I nodded.

"Hey babe I found the diapers," I heard someone say behind me.

I spun around and there was Hunter smiling down at me.

"Hey Sam it's been a long time how's your boy toy?"

"We broke up," I glared.

"I knew that wouldn't last long," he laughed.

He walked towards Nel and wrapped his arms around her.

"We should get going," Nel said turning away from me.

I wasn't surprised they were still together they were perfect together. Both equally insufferable.

I grabbed all the snacks I wanted and checked out. Part of me wanted to talk to Nel about her having a child and try to get some advice on what to do but after everything I decided it was probably for the best if I stayed away from her and Hunter.

A/n-

I started watching the confession tapes because I absolutely love anything crime related and I'm just so angry. Like the show is amazing 10/10 would recommend but I just get so into it. This was like super random but I needed to rant about my love for the show. I'm planning on forcing my friend to watch it after she finishes evil genius which is another amazing show by the way. But like I just hate watching as people confess to crimes they didn't commit and that's the whole point of the confession tapes.

I'm done with my rant and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't find my annoying author rants too obnoxious.

Also one last quick announcement I am going on vacation next week I'll try to keep my regular updates but don't hate me if they are late or if I don't have the chance to upload.

In the next chapter, it is Laney's bachelorette party!!

Until then, comment and vote.

Also if you have any questions or just want to send me anything feel free to message me or email me at coraleigh0624@gmail.com

~cora Leigh