The first date

Wes was coming to pick me up in an hour and I had yet to get ready. I had been feeling like crap all day and barely got out of bed. I didn't care though I was going on a date with Wes today and everything was going to go perfectly.

I slipped on a pair of black jeans and a light blue blouse. I paired the outfit with a pair of strappy heels and called it a day. I didn't want to go too dressy but I wanted to look nice.

I did some basic makeup and let my short hair down in my natural waves. Once I was happy with my appearance I walked out of the bathroom and waited for Wes to get here.

Within a couple minutes there was a knock on my door. I swung the door open to Wes standing there wearing a pair of navy pants and a white button up. He looked good.

"You look amazing," he greeted me.

"So do you," I smiled.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

I just nodded and followed him to his car.

He took me to this amazing Italian restaurant. I had gone a couple times with Laney and Dario for dinner and their food was to die for.

"I love this place," I said once we sat down.

"I know," he chuckled.

"The twins?" I suspected.

"Who else?"

"They need to learn to mind their own business," I shook my head.

"Says you," He laughed.

"What?" I questioned.

"You are the queen of meddling in other people's lives."

"Shut up," I tried to be serious but a smile broke out on my face.

"Hi what can I get for you two this evening?" The waiter interrupted.

"We'll have two glasses of your best red wine," wes said.

"Actually I'll be sticking to water this evening," I blurted out.

Wes gave me a questioning look but just nodded.

"Two waters then," he told the waiter and he left to fill our order.

"You're not drinking?" He asked.

I just nodded not knowing how to explain without telling him the truth.

He didn't push it and just moved on.

"Dario said you have been working at the community center." He changed the subject.

"Yeah I'm program director, I love it." I smiled.

"You're working with kids?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah why?"

"I just thought you hated kids." He shrugged.

"Why would you think that?"

"You told me you didn't want kids so I just assumed."

I panicked. I didn't remember telling him that. What was happening to this date?

"I never said that." I said defensively.

"Yeah you did, it was the summer after freshman year of college and we were driving around and you saw that mom in the park." He explained.

It all came back to me.

I was so happy to be back home for the summer. I was able to see Wes and it felt amazing to actually be here next to him.