Bachelorette party

It was the day of Laney's bachelorette party and a week since I found out I was pregnant. I have successfully avoided Wes this past week and kept the pregnancy a secret from him and my friends.

I was shocked that they believed me when I told them I had the stomach bug. However being 'sick' worked out in my favor, two of Laney's bridesmaids took over the planning of the bachelorette party and I didn't have to deal with it.

I told them they could host it at my apartment so they were coming over in about an hour to do set up.

My phone dinged next to me and I read the text.

Wes: hey you want to get lunch?

I had been dodging his calls and texts for a week. I knew that he wanted to talk but I didn't. I wasn't ready to tell him he was about to be a dad.

Sam: sorry I got to set up for Laneys bachelorette party maybe another time though

My stomach growled and I wished that I had taken him up on his offer. I needed to get some food. I still had an hour so I decided I would run to the cafe to grab a sandwich before they got here.

After ordering I sat at the table by the window and waited for my name.

"I thought you had to set up for Laney's party," I heard someone say.

I looked up and saw Wes standing there at my table.

"Yeah Everyone is coming over in like an hour to get it ready." I explained.

"So you aren't avoiding me?" He questioned.

"No I've just been busy," I lied.

"Samantha." I heard my name get called.

"Well that's me," I said walking towards the counter.

"Can we talk soon?" He asked.

"I've got so much to do at work and with the wedding coming up maybe after the wedding?"

"Yeah sure," he sighed.

I made my way out of the cafe not wanting to be in there any longer.

"Oh my god this is amazing!" Laney yelled once she walked into my apartment.

The girls had set up all different types of appetizers on my kitchen island. There was three different cocktails made and rows of nail polish and other things to pamper the bride.

"I'm glad you like it they totally destroyed my apartment." I joked.

"Let's start with drinks!" She cheered.

I knew this was going to come up. How was I supposed to get out of drinking tonight.

"I will pour everyone drinks," Amanda, Laney's college roommate said.

"I'll take a water." I said.

Everyone stopped in their tracks and stared at me. I knew they would be surprised that I wasn't having a drink but they were looking at me like I had five heads.

"Samantha this is my party and you are going to have drinks with us." Laney demanded.

"I don't really want to drink tonight." I tried to explain.

"Nonsense one drink won't kill you." She waved me off.

"Laney I'm serious I'm not drinking at all." I said coldly.

"Sam what is with you? The only time you don't drink is when you have drive and we are currently standing in your apartment." She ranted.

I had no way out of this. Laney was not going to stop. She was a stubborn one.