Detention and Meeting the Niffler

Newt Scamander x Slytherin! Reader

Detention again. At this point you weren't even surprised. You had been in dentention more times than you can count on your fingers and toes. Of course, it was always for the dumbest of reasons. This time, it was because you couldn't keep quiet in the library.

"It's absolutely absurd!" You said to your friend as you walked to dentention. The crisp night air nipping at your skin as you complained to your friend.

"Y/n, the librarian told you to be quiet and you continued yelling over your niffler. I certainly don't think it's too crazy to send you to dentention."
Rolling your eyes, you told your friend to go back to her common room as you reached your destination. Walking into the room you spotted a boy. He was slightly taller than you and he sat a bit hunched over.

He had a mop of auburn hair sat atop his head. When he noticed your presence, he turned and gave you a lopsided smile without looking at you and said, "hello. The professor in charge of dentention isn't here yet."

You slowly walked over to the boy and sat down in the chair next to him. You noticed he was dressed in hufflepuff robes. You smirked and said, "What's your name, hufflepuff?"

"Newt Scamander, what about you, Slytherin?"

You let out a snort as you said, "Y/n L/n."

"Y/n L/n, I like that name." He finally looked at you and gave you a soft smile. You felt your heart flutter as you were going to reciprocate his compliment, but the professor came in.

"Alright are we ready to begin?"
~

Several weeks have passed since you met Newt in dentention. You have learned a lot about the gentle hufflepuff. You both quickly became close friends.

While everyone was gone to hogsmeade, you convinced Newt to come to your room for you surprise. You learned of his love for magical creatures so you decided to show him your niffler. "Newt! Follow me I want to show you a surprise!" You grabbed his hand without a second thought, ignoring his confused protests.

"But Y/n..-"

"I promise you'll love it Newt"

You didn't notice his loving look as he finally agreed to just follow you. When reaching your common room you quietly whispered the password for the painting to open up. As soon as it did, you sprinted up the stairs, Newt tripping up the stairs behind you, and made your way to your dormitory. Once you reached your room, you pulled Newt over to your bed and sat him down on it, releasing your intertwined hands. Newt blushed upon finally realizing that you two were holding hands for so long. You, on the other hand, were just too excited to show him your niffler, so you didn't notice his rosy cheeks.

"Okay, close your eyes, Newt."

Newt gives you a skeptical look until he sees your bright smile. He closes his eyes until he feels you place something furry in his arms.

"Merlin's Beard, y/n"

Laughing you tell Newt, "Newton, just open your eyes."

He opens his eyes and your heart flutters as you see him smile widely at the niffler you placed in his arms.

"Newt meet niffler, niffler meet Newt", you smile brightly as the niffler tugged at Newts collar.

"Y/n, he's amazing."

"I'm glad I decided to show him to you", you smiled tugging a piece of your beautiful h/c hair behind your ear. Newt pressed a kiss on your cheek in a moment of pure happiness and said "Thank you for trusting me." You pull him in for a hug and whisper in his ear, "If you tell anyone about this, I will pinch you." Newt giggled and promised to keep this a secret.

A/n : Okay so this was from a request on tumblr and it's kinda cute. I'm not that great at writing I'm sorry! Also it's my first time writing imagines so don't judge too harshly. I'm accepting requests for this book rn. Please leave any feedback you want. Have a nice night.
-xo