amortentia

pairing: newt scamander x slytherin!reader

requested: "Can I request 30."I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you!" "And I'm trying to subtly avoid it" with Newt x Slytherin Reader? Pretty Please? 💕" - @rosiersgirl on tumblr

Potions class is your absolute favorite. You are so good at it and the professor loves you, so obviously when it is time for that class you become ecstatic. Another reason to enjoy that class as much as you do, is Newton Scamander. He is your hufflepuff best friend and you have this class with him.

You're currently making your way to the hufflepuff common room from your common room. You always walk with Newt to potions. You really enjoyed his company. Maybe a little too much. As you reached his common room, you patiently waited on the wall for Newt to come out.

You were staring at the paintings on the wall as you heard Newt's gentle voice. "Good morning, love." He smiled at you and then linked your arms together. You began making your way to the potions classroom.

"Good morning, salamander." You smirked over at Newt as he nudged you.

"Hey don't call me that!" He fake pouted at you as you looked forward again. Damn that pout.

"Come on, I know you love it." You winked at Newt and he blushed. You heard him mumble something under his breath as you reached the potions classroom.

"I only like it when you call me that."

You decided to act like you didn't hear that and walked into the classroom, unlinking arms with Newt. You both separate and make your way to your table. You sit down and wait for your teacher to begin.

~

Sure you enjoyed this class but you still zoned out. That's what you're doing right now. You have your lips on the end of your quill and you're staring off into space until your professor says your name.

"Alright, we've been talking about this potion all lesson and now we're going to make it. What potion would that be, Mrs./Mr. L/n?"

You snap immediately out of it and blush realizing everyone (including Newt) is looking at you. "Oh, um, I'm sorry professor, but I didn't catch your question."

Sighing, the professor speaks again. "Amortentia. We will be making Amortentia today. You may work with a partner. Begin."

You look at Newt from across the room. He's looking back at you and he smiles. You wave him over to your table, so you don't have to work with anyone else.

~

"Okay, Newt. I think we are done. We have to write down what we smell." You blushed knowing exactly what you were going to smell.

Newt blushed. "D-Do I have to g-go first?"

You rubbed the back of your neck. "No, I guess not. I'll go first."

You leaned your head slightly over the caldron of pearly liquid. You parted your lips slightly and spoke softly. "I-I smell uh (f/s) and (f/s)." You paused. You can't say the last one. It definitely smells like Newt. What if this ruined your friendship? Newt was all you had.

"I can't do this." You teared up and started shaking. You raised your hand.

"Professor, may I step out for a moment?" Once the professor nodded their head, you were out in a spilt second. You barely noticed Newt looking at you with concern. You sit down on the wall outside, and put your head in your knees. Merlin, why did you have to have feelings? You felt nauseous. All you could think of was him. Newt, Newt, Newt. Damnit.

~

After a short while of sitting alone with your thoughts, you heard footsteps come near you. "Hey, Y/n are you alright?" You snap your head up towards the voice you know all too well.

You sigh and look back at the ground. "Yes Newt, I'm fine. Go back to class." You hear him sit next to you.

"I said, It was nothing! I'm fucking fine, okay?" You start to walk away. You hear Newt quickly scramble up behind you. He grabs your hand and completely turns you around.

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you!" Newt is tearing up himself. He hates to see you like this.

You laugh, unhumorously. "And I'm trying to avoid it. I just, I can't do this, Newt." You try to turn away but Newt grips your hand a bit tighter. Still looking away from him, you hear him speak.

"What? Did you smell your ex or something? Or nothing at all? What is it? You're my best frien-" You cut him off.

"That's just It, Newt! That's it right fucking there. I'm you're best friend. I can't do anything that'll ruin what we have." At this point, everything you were attempting to hold back, came flooding out. You began sobbing and fell to the ground. Newt immediately got to his knees and wrapped his arms around you.

"Listen to me. No matter what you think can change our friendship, it can't. I will always be here, Y/n. I always have, and I always will. You could tell me you killed someone and I'd still be here for you." At the last part, you laughed genuinely. Newt smiled at you. "See that's what I want to see. I want to see that glowing, radiant smile. It's all I ever want to see."

You smiled and took a deep breath. Should I tell him? Would it ruin everything? Here goes nothing I guess. "Newt?"

He wiped a stray tear falling down your face.

"Yes, love?"

"It smelled like you. It's always been you."

Newt smiled. "Y/n?"

You bit your lip. "Yeah?"

Newt put his hand on your cheek. "Mine smelled like you too."

Newt looked down at your lips and back up at your eyes as if asking for permission. You smiled and nodded yes. Newt slowly moved his hand from your cheek to your neck and pulled you in closer. His lips gently connected with yours and you immediately melted into his loving touch.

Your hands went up to wrap around his neck and deepen the kiss. His hands moved down to your hips and nearly pulled you into his lap. Before the kiss could get too heated, you pulled away and put your forehead onto his. "You're a pretty good kisser, Salamander." You smirked as he groaned and pulled away.

"Way to ruin the moment." You rolled your eyes playfully as Newt reached down to help you up. Once you were up, the two of you never released hands.

"Like I said before, you love it." You winked at him as you both began to walk back to class.

A/n: I am such a shit writer but I hope you all like this? maybe a little?