Insecurities

Newt Scamander x Reader

Summary: Reader is upset because they think they are not good enough for Newt.

Warnings: Bad thoughts?

Today was an awful day. A woman at your work commented on your appearance in a negative way. Sure, you barely know her and you have the most amazing boyfriend on the face of the earth, but it still stung. You're currently sitting in you and Newt's shared bedroom with tears stinging your eyes. Negative thoughts were pounding against your skull like a migraine.

worthless unimportant ugly fat dumb annoying waste of space

The same thoughts kept continuously cycling around your mind. God, you wished more than anything that Newt could somehow sense your pain and arrive home early. Of course, he didn't, so you decided to just curl into yourself and give into your thoughts.

~

"Y/n? Y/n, love I'm home!", you heard Newt yell when he got home from work. Normally you would be beyond the moon happy to see your lover, but today was different. You weren't waiting at the door to give him a kiss and ask how his day was. Today you just couldn't bring yourself to, and you hated yourself for feeling so weak and selfish. You started tearing up at the thought of Newt hating you for not greeting him like you usually do. At that moment, you heard a gentle knock on the door. "Y/n, love? Are you in here?", Newt asked near a whisper as he walked into your shared room. "Hey, what's wrong sweetheart?", Newt asked concerned, sitting on the bed with a hand on your shoulder, you sit up slowly and look at him and immediately begin to tear up. "Newt I'm n-not good enough for you" As soon as the words escape your lips, Newt looks at you as if you've killed his niffler. "Why would you say th-that?", Newt stuttered out as he began to tear up as well.

"Well, this girl at my work mentioned that I was fat and- and she thought that I wasn't good enough for you. And maybe she's right Newt. I'm fat and- and ugly and stupid and annoying. You deserve better."

"Y/n L/n I don't deserve anyone better than the beautiful woman that is sitting right across from me at this very moment. You are beautiful, intelligent, kind, strong, the mother of my creatures (at that you giggled), you are the most important human in my life ever. I have no doubts in my mind that you will be the person I marry someday or that you will be the person I have children with or grow old with. If anything Y/n, you deserve better than me. I don't like when you say things like that. To me, you're perfect. My future wouldn't be as bright without you in it. Hell, this world wouldn't be as bright without you in it. What I'm saying,is that I love you, Y/n. With all of my heart and almost as much as I love our creatures."

At that you nudged him and he nearly fell off of the bed. You quickly grabbed his arm to keep him from actually falling off. Once he was back on the bed, you two were very close, so close, that you could see the constellations of freckles that littered his skin. You pulled away quickly, blushing. You always seemed to do that around Newt, even after years of dating him. Newt noticed your rosy cheeks and ears. He pulled you in for a kiss. It was sweet and warm. When he pulled away he said, "I think it's adorable how easily you blush." At those words you blushed even more than before (if that were even possible)."I don't even blush that easily!!" The two of you began giggling. Newt always new how to make you feel better. A comfortable silence fell over the two of you as you stared into each others eyes adoringly for what felt like seconds, but was actually a couple of minutes. You then decided to break the silence, "Thank you, Newt. I don't know what I'd do without you. Please don't ever stop loving me."

"There's no need to thank me, love. I need you in my life and I will never stop loving you. You're stuck with me forever, I'm afraid." You let out a small snort at that. "I'm glad we're in agreement. Now, can we please cuddle? I've been waiting for your warmth and snuggles all day."

Playfully rolling his eyes, Newt says, "Fine. I can't believe you're just using me for my cuddles"

"Oh, shut up and come here. You know you love cuddles just as much as I do."

a/n: no one is reading this on here soo? i might just delete this