Childish Tendencies

Summary: Newt has been working on his book for way too long. Reader wants to get him out of his case just so he can eat, shower, and get a good nights sleep.

Requested by @randomempy on tumblr

Newt has been spending a lot of time writing his book lately. You understand how important it is tohim, but you are starting to become concerned. He's barely come out of his case in the last three days. You certainly didn't think what he was doing was healthy, so you decided you would come up with a plan to draw him out.

After you showered and made dinner, you decided to go try to get Newt to come out for a break. As you approached the suitcase, you bent down to give it a gentle knock. "Newt, sweetheart, will you come up?" After a few minutes with no answer you decided you would just go into the case to see what he was up to. As you entered the small work shed in his case, you saw Newt sound asleep on some of his papers.

You sighed and slowly approached your sleeping lover as if he was one of the creatures. You softly touched his shoulder and he jolted awake. "AH, *cough* I wasn't sleeping." He quickly wipes his eyes and continues to write.

"Newt, I think you need a break. You've been down here for at least 3 days. It isn't healthy."

Newt sighs. "Y/n, I'm fine I promise. I can handle myself."

You roll your eyes. "Newt, you stink. When was the last time you've had a shower, hm?"

Newt glances up at you and blushes from embarrassment. "Um, uh, a-about that...-"

"Newton! You need to shower and eat. Come on." You grabbed his arm and attempted to pull him up.

"Noooooo, I don't wanna. I want to finish writing."

You sigh becoming exasperated. "You're seriously like a man-child! You can afford one evening to spend time with me."

Newt gives up fighting and lets you guide him upstairs. Once you both get out of the case, you guide Newt into the dining room. You let go of Newt's hand. "Sit, I'm going to make your plate and some tea."

"Thank you, love"

"Yeah, yeah I'm amazing, I know." You turn and wink at him.

Newt laughs as you bring him his finished meal.

~

After Newt exits the shower, he enters your shared bedroom to see you on the bed reading. He slowly crawls on top of you and glances at you from over the top of the book. You giggle. "Can I help you?"

"Maybe." He smirks at you as he places your book on your bedside table.

"How so?" You lean forward ever so slightly.

Newt inches forward ever so slightly closer, until you can feel his breath on your lips. "Like this." He closes the distance to give you a sweet, soft kiss.

After pulling away, Newt rolled over on his side, pulling you on top of him.

He kissed your jaw. "I love you, did you know that?"

You kissed his nose. He scrunched it up playfully. "Yeah I know. I love you too."

"I don't know what in the world I would do without you."

A/n: OKAY SO I SAW FBCOG YESTERDAY AND IM SO FREAKIN SHOOK it was really well done and amazing. i can't wait for the next movie. also on another note if you guys have any requests I'd love to hear them and your thoughts on this book so far. <3