Sunburned

The beach is a wonderful place. The weather is warm, and the water is calming. Overall, the beach just gives you a peaceful vibe, so when Newt suggested the two of you take the day off to go, you jumped at the opportunity. You immediately said yes.

Now your decision has come back to bite you in the ass with a horrid sunburn. You never get burned this easily, but for some ungodly reason, you turned into a lobster.

You're currently laying in your bed trying not to cry at every agonizing turn you make. The sunburn slowly developed over time, so you and Newt were already in bed.

You decided to get up and go lay on the couch so you would feel less warm. Newt's body heat surely didn't help your pain. You also just didn't want to disturb him with your unintentional groans.

You slowly make your way to the living room and eventually make it to your couch. You turn on a fan and lie down face up, closing your eyes attempting not to cry.

When Newt rolled over and realized you were no longer in bed, he woke up with a start, afraid you were sick. He gently got out of bed and yawned while making his way to the living room where he heard the fan coming from.

"Darling, are you alright? Why are you not in bed?" He looked down at your obviously uncomfortable form, concerned.

"I- Yeah I'm o-okay." You sniffled. You didn't want to burden him with a tiny sunburn. You were just being overdramatic.

Newt sighs. "Y/n, you're obviously not okay." You sniffle again.

"Are you crying?" Newt walks across the room to turn the light on.

He sees you lying flat on your back with a couple of tears running down your reddened cheeks. Immediately he knew what was wrong.

"Oh my, why didn't you tell me love?" He walked swiftly back to you.

"Let's go to the case and see what I can mix up for that, okay?" He looked at you with sadness evident in his eyes at the fact you were in so much pain.

"Okay." He takes your hand and gently leads you to the case. He lets you step in first and then he follows close behind.

As you both step into the shed inside of his case, Newt immediately begins grabbing ingredients to create something that could possibly help you.

"Now, I'm going to need you to show me everywhere that's burned so I can take care of it, alright? Is that okay?" This is the first time Newt isn't embarrassed to ask to see you undressed.

"Y-yeah, that's okay. Could you maybe help me? So my clothes don't rub against my skin?" You begin to slowly take of your pants as Newt walked over to help you with your shirt.

"That's it, it'll be alright, sweetheart I promise." He guides you to lay flat on the cot in the corner of his shed.

"This will only sting for a moment, then you should feel cool." He grabs his paste off of the counter behind him and puts some of it into his hands. He begins to rub it on your shoulders, then legs, then arms, then face, and lastly your chest. You slightly winced at the stinging sensation, but it passed fairly quickly. You felt major relief.

"Thank you so much." You smiled widely at Newt. Exhaustion hit you as soon as the relief came so now you felt as if you couldn't get up from the cot.

"It's never a problem. Next time you should wake me up." He looked at you with a loving, yet serious expression. You knew he meant what he said.

"I promise I'll tell you next time." You yawned as you felt your eyes grow heavier.

"Uh, uh no sleeping down here, come on." At that, you reached up at Newt, signaling for him to carry you. Luckily he understood and picked you up. You wrapped your arms around his neck and your legs around his waist. You laid your heavy head in his shoulder as he carried you up and out of the case into your bedroom.

He set you on your side of the bed and tucked you in. He moved to his side and you sleepily watched him do so.

"You're too good for me." Newt sighs. "Nope that's sleep talking. I would say that I'm not good enough for you sometimes, but I would give you the world if I could. You deserve that and so much more."

Newt kisses you on the forehead as he realizes you've fallen asleep.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

Authors note: so this is something I thought of because I was soooooo sunburned when i wrote this. It was awful. I had blisters and everything ugh. Stupid medicines. Anyways I hope you enjoyed. Requests are open !!