Desire

Near stacks the last Tarot card to complete his masterpiece. A wall warps around the boy, covering all chances of view to the outside, setting aside the neatly engraved spot in which Near could check the time. He sighed. It was only five minutes before Near had to report to Rodger's office; he'd better go quickly.

When the boy entered the office, he silently observed his surroundings; He had never been inside this room after daytime.

He noticed a boy (slightly older than Near) sitting in a chair, very close to throwing a pout fit.

His fine golden hair brushed the midst of his neck, and his dark blue eyes burned into my cold, gray orbs.

"Why is Near here?" he asked, irritated.

Robert smiled. "You both are here to settle matters between yourselves. You two need to get along," he told both Near and the boy.

"That specifically means you, Mello." He glares at the boy.

"It's him who's always getting on my nerve," Mello spat, pointing at Near.

"I can't have you two fighting all the time like this! It causing havoc throughout this institution," he points out angrily.

"I apologize, Rodger," said Near's calming voice.

Mello scowls. "Well I'm not apologizing."

Near turns his head to the blonde, questioning Mello's naive decisions.

He noticed Near looking at him. "What?" he snaps.

"You'll only end up getting yourself into more trouble," he states calmly.

Mello pulls the albino's collar towards him, right hand curled into a tight fist. Before he can strike, Rodger breaks into the fight. "Hey, hey!!" he shouts whilst separating the two.

Mello slouches in his chair, and sighs. "One day you won't be there to stop me from breaking that kid's neck," the blonde growls.

Near relaxes when he is freed from Mello's grasp. "May I be excused, Rodger? I don't like where this is going."

The middle aged man hesitates, then nods his head. "That would be fine." He narrows his eyes. "You do understand we have to discuss this another time, yes?"

Near nods briefly, and leaves the room. When he exits he takes in a deep breath. The boy wasn't one to enjoy spending time with Mello- it seemed as if all he ever wanted was to attack him.

As Near enters his dorm room, he steps back into his wall of Tarot cards. Maybe one day Mello will learn to like him. After all, the boy doesn't have any problem with Mello.

As the night flies by, Near collects his thoughts on the current assignments that he has, and briefly thinks of ways to get Mello to like him again. It's not a huge issue for the boy, but he certainly couldn't stand being glared at every time he passes Mello.

He sighs. Oh well. Near falls into bed, slightly exhausted. We'll see how it all plays out.