Chapter 5

They both collapsed back in Kagami's bed, catching their breath after their 'work out'. Kagami didn't say anything as he looked up at the ceiling. They really should have used a condom, he felt sticky and gross, but he was too tired to move. He didn't look at Aomine though. Aomine would probably have something dumb to say that he didn't care about... But instead he got something different than expected. "You're leaving tomorrow, right?" Aomine asked, looking up at the ceiling himself.

He couldn't believe he had just had sex with his greatest rival, the guy that put a smile back on his face, that made him enjoy basketball again. Now he had to miss that. No more thrilling games... Nothing... Life would become boring.

Aomine woke up with a groan, opening his eyes as he awoke from his dream. Stupid dream. He hadn't really been thinking much of Kagami lately. Sure, when his greatest rival still didn't appear in the NBA after five years he thought of the guy, even tried to look him up on facebook, but he couldn't find him. He just wanted to know where he was now after getting such a big chance to go study back in America for the NBA. Though, he hadn't thought about being intimate with Kagami since they had sex- The best sex of his life, but he would never admit that to that Bakagami! Now even 17 years in since that night he never found a partner that satisfied him as much as the night with the redhead.

Aomine groaned in his pillow before getting up. It was 4 AM but his shift was coming up. Sometimes being a policeman sucked.

XXX

Kagami sighed as he walked out of his office to grab a bite to eat. He was starving and really could use a bite of the lunch he had made for himself. Finding a seat, Kagami sat outside in the shadows as he watched other coworkers have their lunches, some patients and visitors walking around to grab some fresh air.

"Oi, Kagami!" Takao called and walked up to his old basketball rival and now coworker. "Is it alright if we have lunch with you?" He asked, but before getting an answer, he took a seat next to the redhead. Midorima was somewhere in the back, slowly taking his time to walk up with an annoyed look on his face.

Kagami watched the man beside him and stuttered a little. "S-sure." He stuttered a little. It was still crazy to see these guys all grown un, in working uniforms instead of their basketball gear. He looked down at his bento, popped the top and grabbed a riceball.

"Hoo, you have really changed, huh?" Takao said. "You always used to be so loud back in highschool."

"Takao, be quiet." Midorima said with a scolding frown and sat down next to the raven haired. "Don't make him more uncomfortable than he already is."

"-I'm not uncomfortable." Kagami protested before shutting up again. He groaned and shook his head. "It's just still weird to see you guys grown up, that's all." He confessed and sighed. "Makes me realize how old I am."

"What are you talking about, we're only 33." Takao laughed as he bit into his sandwich that he had bought at the hospital cafeteria.

Kagami silently scoffed. "Yeah, try having two teens." He grumbled to himself, but Takao and the green haired man besides the other heard him and both choked on their food.

"What?!" Takao asked with a confused look on his face.

Kagami wanted to facepalm. Fuck. Why did he say his thoughts out loud? He was so stupid! "W-Well... Yeah..." He said with an awkward chuckle and scratched the back of his head. Once again, he WASN'T ashamed of his children it just wasn't easy to confess that he was a teen parent and that having his babies meant giving up the NBA.

"That's great!" Takao beamed at the redhead. "How old are they? I didn't know you were married." He said and looked at Kagami's fingers trying to see the wedding ring, but Kagami quickly pulled his hand away.