Chapter 12

The next day started completely silent. Kagami couldnt look at his twins or even greet them properly. He felt awful after last night. Aomine walked out, but Kagami could really only blame himself. If he had been left out of his mystery kids for 16 years he would have been pissed too... Maybe a part of him had hoped that Aomine would stick around after seeing him yesterday, but the argument just went out of control.

He didnt know that the twins had heard the fighting and had been sitting at the top of the stairs, but he could tell that they were upset as well. Maybe it had just been the shouting that freaked them out? It was weekend so the twins wouldnt have school, which only meant it would be an awkward day.

DJ was not happy. He wasnt going to accept this! Aomine was their father! They had another parent! They had bumped into him and talked to him yesterday, it had been a dream come true. He wasnt going to accept that Aomine was now just walking out on them. He wanted to get to know the guy more! He wanted to know his other dad! So he had a plan after breakfast. He was going to confront the officer and demand for him to be part of his and Kiseki's lives. It shouldn't matter if his dad and Aomine together, it was about him and Kiseki having a second parent, which they had always wanted.

"I'm gonna go play basketball." Daiki said after breakfast and stood up. "Kiseki, come with me." He didnt give his sister a chance to reply, instead just grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the house.

"Hey! I wasnt finished with my scrambled eggs yet." She complained once they were outside, but DJ just kept a hold of her wrist. What was he doing? Why was he in such a hurry to go play basketball? It was weekend, they had all day! She was confused when DJ didnt turn right at the end of the street, but went left instead. "Where are we going?" She asked him, pulling her wrist from his grip, making DJ stop.

"We are going to find Aomine-san." DJ said, turning around to look at his sister with serious red eyes. "You heard him and dad last night. Aomine is our other parent! We cant just let him walk out on us when he's right there! We actually live close to him! I'm supposed to ignore that knowing he's my other parent?" He asked. He had dreamed of his father so many times. What he would look like, what job he would have, what his favourite food would be, if he also liked basketball- just so many questions. Now that he knew who his other parent was he wanted some damn answers too! "Dont you want to know about him?" Daiki asked his sister.

Kiseki bit her fingernail in thought and sighed. She understood where DJ was coming from, but last night made it look like Aomine wanted nothing to do with them.. "He walked out." Kiseki said. "What if he doesn't want to see us?" She asked nervously.

"Fuck that!" DJ said. "We're his kids, how could he not want to see us?! Let's just fucking go and see what happens." He said, propping the basketball under his arm. "Look, he walked out on us last night, but he didnt deny us to our faces. If he doesn't want to be part of our lives he has to tell us and not dad. I'm going to find him, you can come with me or not. I want to hear the answer from his face and if he still wants out... I guess things will go back to the way they used to be and we'll forever be freak children of two men." He shrugged and started walking.

Kiseki sighed and watched her brother's back for a moment as he walked down the sidewalk. Taking a deep breath, she ended up just hurrying after him. She wanted answers too. While there was a big chance of being turned down, she wanted to hear it from Aomine face to face. Whatever pain came afterwards, she would deal with it.

Hearing the fight from last night, Kiseki understood a little bit better why her dad had done what he had done. He had not wanted to take Aomine's future away. Having a baby was a big responsibility and Kiseki knew that if she and DJ hadnt been around that her dad would have probably been a professional basketball player. Hearing the argument also made her see that her dad hadnt thought Aomine to be a good parent at the age of 16.. But it was still mean or her dad not to have told Aomine.