Chapter 8

The whistle blew and the game started. The ball was tossed up in the air and Tsuki jumped up to get the ball over on Seirin's side of the court. Kiseki watched from the side line as the ball eventually landed in DJ's hand, giving him the chance to dunk the ball and make the first points of the game. Kiseki was forced to sit on the sidelines. With her being a girl it was already bad that she was on their team and Hyuuga had to pull some strings to even let her come along, but he didn't want her worrying about that. He had told her she could join so he would let her.. Though it would be tricky once the official games started, she probably wouldn't be able to play in any of those, but he didn't see the harm in these practice games. Hyuuga smirked to himself. DJ and Kiseki were a great team, he could tell that from the matches back at school. They were a lot like Kagami and Aomine during the Vorpal Sword games.. He wondered who the other parent of the kids was. He knew that Kagami was their mother in a weird way and he had a hunch who their father was, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions. Yeah, DJ looked like him and seemed to have the same first name and basketball style as the great Aomine Daiki , Kiseki had the same hair and skin color as the old Seirin rival.

Let's just say that Hyuuga couldn't wait for the upcoming parent teacher meetings. He had a lot of questions for Kagami.

DJ dribbled the ball skillfully around him and between his legs, it seemed almost impossible to steal. There was a big grin on his face, showing exactly how happy the male was to have the ball in his grip. Kiseki sat next to the coach, bouncing her knee but watching intensely, following DJ's moves with her eyes. She wanted to play so badly!

XxX

Kagami sighed when he had reached work. He hoped that the twins had made it to the bus on time. Good thing they were used to having sandwiches with them to school, those were made in no time, but if he had to prepare two bento boxes he never would have made it on time. He had been on time for work, deciding to just by food in the hospital cafeteria. He was too tired to make himself some food.

He had greeted Takao and Midorima upon entering before the three of them went to their departments. He was relieved not to work with them regularly. Not that they were bad people! No no, Kagami liked seeing them but he was just a little uncomfortable with being around them after what happened. He just couldn't get over it for some reason. It was embarrassing having to give up his dream for his kids.. Not that he was ashamed of his kids! It was just that people had such high hopes for him and he had given that up. It had either been give up his dreams or his kids and he couldn't give up his kids, they were too precious.

Kagami worked through his appointments, taking care of the patients one by one. It wasn't a too stressful day, which Kagami was grateful for... But of course nothing lasted! He would have no idea how bad today would actually get.

XXX

Kiseki got up as the coach called for a switch of players. She was excited to get in the game. It was the last fifteen minutes and they were ahead by 10 points, but that didn't matter. She was glad that the coach allowed her to join the game while knowing that she was a girl. She switched spots with Izuku and jogged up to her brother, Tsuki and the other two members. "You guys do your thing; I'll guide the net." Kiseki said with a smirk. Her brother grinned and nodded. "If they catch up, it's your head that's on the line." DJ warned her before the whistle sounded and the game was back on. The ball came to their side of the court and DJ charged ahead and passed the ball to Tsuki. Kiseki stayed in the back of the group as they charged, knowing that if they missed this short or even made this shot there would be an immediate counter.

With her jumps she was a tough opponent in the air, her hands were on the small side but she had no issue defending herself or stealing the ball. It wasn't always about being the biggest, sometimes being on the smaller side has its plus points.