2x04 Memory Lane

I was standing in the kitchen, helping Aunt Jenna prepare for the barbecue. While she promised Alaric to try and cook, I didn't let her near the stove. Not after what happened last time... Never again.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline," Elena murmured "She could use a day of distraction."

Jenna shrugged "Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?"

"Hey, Damon's my friend," I poked her "What's up with you all of a sudden? You never had anything against him before."

"Fine, fine," she huffed and looked down at me "Don't look at me like that."

I grinned and ducked to get to my sketchbook when Mason arrived, holding up a bottle of liquor and glasses "Good news! I found the shot glasses."

Elena grimaced "That would be my exit."

"You're here for ten minutes and I'm already back under the bleachers at the pep rally," Jenna complained jokingly.

My head snapped up "Blackmail?"

"Shush," my aunt waved her hand, ignoring Mason's laughter at our antics.

"Like old times, huh?" the Lockwood waggled his eyebrows "Only I didn't swipe this bottle from my old man."

It was then that Alaric arrived, eyes immediately honing in on the alcohol "Oh, the expensive stuff. I like you already."

Mason shrugged "Just happy to be invited."

"Thank Ric," Jenna smiled, leaning into my History teacher's side "It was his idea."

"Really?"

Alaric grinned "Yeah, you know, I thought it would be nice to meet some of Jenna's High School friends. Dig up a little dirt." He fist bumped me when I gave him thumbs up.

"I've got dirt," Mason agreed "I've got dirt."

Aunt Jenna filled up her glass "I have no secrets. Only dirty shame."

They all raised their glasses and clinked them together "To dirty shame," Alaric voiced.

Arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind and I jumped "Hey," Damon greeted "What were we talking about, princess? You gotta be more aware of your surroundings."

"In my own home?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Everywhere," the vampire pointed out "You were the one who wanted me to teach you self-defence."

I sighed and dropped my head back onto his chest "I know. Sorry, Damon."

"So... What have I missed?"

Alaric rolled his eyes at his friend "We were just doing shots. Let me give you a shot glass, buddy." He turned around to go to the kitchen but Jenna stopped him.

"Here," she grunted "Use mine. I shouldn't be drinking in front of the children anyway." With those words, Jenna threw a smirk at me.

"Hey," I pouted "I'm not a child. Not technically." She glanced pointedly at Damon's arms and then left the room to check on the food with Ric following.

Mason looked at Damon as he poured himself a glass "We haven't met. Mason Lockwood."

"Oh, sure," the vampire smiled tightly "Damon Salvatore."

"I know," Mason admitted "I heard great things about you."

Damon blinked "Really? That's weird. I'm a dick!"

"A loveable dick," I threw in with a snort.

About an hour after we ate, the others started playing Pictionary which I got disqualified from when my sketch looked so good that even Aunt Jenna could guess what it was. At the moment, it was Damon's turn to draw... Was that... A wolf? In a tutu?