2x14 Crying Wolf

The day after Maddox saved Caroline and me, I stumbled downstairs into the kitchen, only to run into Alaric "Angel," he greeted with a smile "How are you?"

I eyed him suspiciously. Did Damon tell him? "Why?"

"Because you look like you haven't slept," the man pointed out, slightly surprised at my tone "Did something happen?"

My shoulders slumped and I sighed, running a hand over my face "No, everything's just fine. Sorry about that."

"Don't worry. Hey, I was on my way to the Boarding House. Wanna tag along?" my aunt's boyfriend offered.

"Sure," I nodded "Just let me get changed."

Alaric's head shot up "Don't forget to take a dress for the Tea Party thingy. Jenna said that Carol wanted you there."

I blinked "Right... That's today?"

"Yes," my History teacher nodded, looking at me in concern "Are you sure that you're alright?"

"Yes, yes," I waved off "I'm just peachy. Excuse me..." I quickly ran up the stairs, changing my clothes and finding the dress that I wanted to wear. It was one that I bought in New York with Nik... He actually selected it. The dress was a deep blue at the bottom and it had a lace corset part at the top "Done," I breathed, gasping for air when I was standing in front of Ric ten minutes later.

Alaric blinked a few times "Huh. Well, you're faster than Jenna, that's for sure."

I rolled my eyes "Everyone is faster than Aunt Jenna. She takes ages to get ready."

"Too true," the man laughed and opened the door for me "Come on."

The car ride to the Boarding House was silent. I was staring out of the window, thinking about Nik again. Maddox probably told him about what happened yesterday, so I'm not really looking forward to the next phone call I would be getting. One good thing that came out of the whole kidnapping situation was that Nik now had a werewolf to use for his ritual. I wasn't too sure about the others but as long as they didn't bother anyone I couldn't care less. Actually, I wanted to stay as far away from them as I possibly could.

I slid out of the passenger side, following Alaric up to the front door. He was about to knock when the door was opened, revealing Damon and a woman... I had seen her before... Wasn't she the newswoman? She took over for Logan Fell a while ago. Damon smirked down at the woman "Have a great day, honey." He leaned down to kiss her.

"Oh," the woman blinked when she saw us "Hey, Alaric. Later." I turned my head to look after her, not too insulted that she ignored me.

Damon looked at us with a small, triumphant grin "My new girlfriend. Andie Star, action news."

"It's not called action news," Ric mumbled in annoyance, walking past the vampire into the house.

Damon snorted "I know. I just like saying it. Hey, Angel. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Damon," I muttered, letting myself be drawn into his embrace. Except for Caroline and Maddox, he was the only one who knew that I was in the werewolves clutches as well. Jeremy was mostly busy with school and Anna now – not that I blamed him. I was glad that he had someone who took care of him and the other way around. I think that there was a good chance that Jeremy would move in with Uncle John once he went back to Denver.

Alaric looked from Damon down to me and back again "Seriously. What happened?"

"It's nothing," I waved off, falling onto one of the couches with a small sigh. Last night had been a bit rough. Even with Caroline there, I had nightmares but for the most part, I could keep them quiet.