2x13 Daddy Issues

"Angel," Maddox called from behind me. It was the day after he told me about Nik – or Klaus... No, he was still Nik and would always be Nik to me.

I stopped and turned "What's up?"

The warlock shoved a small vial into my hands "Klaus told me about the vampire... The one you tried to help. This vial is the cure. Get that to her as fast as you can, okay?"

"How – How did you get that?" I stuttered, staring up at him in confusion and shock.

"I can't tell you that," he admitted "Now hurry."

I took one last long look at his face before I ran back to my car with Hero hot on my heels. Shopping didn't matter right now... I had the chance to save Rose, to save someone I failed to save before. Once I started the car, I quickly dialled Damon's number "Angel? Shouldn't you still be in bed?"

"Forget about that for a moment," I snapped "I – I think I found the cure for Rose."

"Are you kidding?" the vampire gasped "How? Where?"

I shook my head with a small sigh "I can't tell you. Sorry, Day. I'm almost at the Boarding House."

"I'll see you then. Just come up to my room, alright?"

"Of course," I agreed, speeding up a bit more. It only took me five minutes to finish the journey to the Boarding House and once I was there, I jumped out, leaving the driver's door open for Hero to hop out after me. The vial was clutched in my hand when I ran inside as fast as I could "Here," I panted, shoving the little vial at Damon.

"Are you sure this is it?" he questioned doubtfully.

I rolled my eyes "No. But it's our only chance. What harm can it do, Damon?"

"Give it to me," Rose croaked. I looked at her and smiled lightly. She looked awful... Bags under her eyes and her skin was paler than a hospital's wall. I handed the small vial over and watched as she gulped it down quickly. It only took a minute but she looked healthier and actually sat up "I'm thirsty."

Damon stared at her in shock "I'll – I'll get you something. Give me a moment." He flashed out and was back within a minute with several blood bags "Here. Let me see your shoulder. It worked... It really worked..." The Salvatore grabbed his little sister's shoulders and shook her lightly "Where did you get that from?"

"What – What does it matter?" I stuttered, not wanting to tell him about who Nik was. It wasn't any of his business. Not yet...

"Damon," Rose murmured "Let her go. It's alright." Then he looked up at me with a smile "Thank you, Angel. You should go home now, okay?"

I nodded and carefully skirted around Damon. He had never scared me before but the look in his eyes... I was really scared of him for a moment... "Bye, Damon," I breathed and ran outside, back to my car.

"Morning," Uncle John greeted when I walked into the kitchen.

I startled, staring at my uncle in surprise for a moment before throwing myself at him "Uncle John! When did you get here?"

"Last night. Elena let me in," he replied, ruffling my hair "Pearl is here as well. She decided to stay in the hotel a town over."

"So you two are still an item then?" I waggled my eyebrows.

He pinched my side "How is your soon-to-be-dead not boyfriend? Nik, was it?"

I blushed and looked down "He's fine."

"Made it official then, did you?"

"I am not talking to you about that," I attempted and breathed a sigh of relief when Elena stormed into the kitchen.