seven

"Junior year, guys! Starting tomorrow, we will officially be upperclassmen."
Ellie snickered at the sight of Ethan and Benny's eyes rolling on her computer screen. 

"I'm so not psyched," Ethan groaned from his webcam. "I almost wish Rory and Erica were here to drown out the anxiety."

"Agreed," Benny answered. "Who knew that the vamp council disappearing would be such a bad thing?"

"We should try to find them soon," Ellie posited. "Rory and Erica will be pissed if they come back to a shit ton of homework."

"I'm sure they're fine with the council," Ethan told them. "We just need to worry about Benny not breaking anything or smashing any lights tomorrow."

"I can't help it, Ethan!"

------------

Waltzing into the school for the first time in months, Ethan, Benny, and Ellie gazed upon the hallways that they knew too well. The students around them smiled as they met up with their old friends once again, unknowing of the horrors that those three had faced just weeks prior.

"Wow, this place feels way less like death," Ethan smirked. "It really is a lot better without Stern."

"Even though he was an evil sorcerer who tried to kill us all, he was a really shitty principal," Benny added. "I'm impressed."

"Wait, our lockers are in the upperclassmen hall now," Ellie mentioned. The three turned the corner from the freshmen/sophomore hallway to the junior/senior hall, being unable to hold in their egos. 

"These must be it," Ethan pointed to the wall, dropping his backpack in front of his new locker. "We're getting old."

"Well, I'm not."
The three turned to the sound of a familiar vampire's voice, seeing Sarah greet them as she held her new textbooks. "Even with super strength, my arms get sore carrying these damn books."

Nudging past Ellie, Sarah landed her hefty books onto the ground, twisting on the locker's bolt to open it. Ethan's jaw hung from his face, watching Sarah open her brand new locker that was so close to his.

"Y-Your locker is next to ours now?" Ethan squeaked to his crush. 
Benny and Ellie couldn't hide the excitement on their faces. Ethan had no where to run now.

"Yeah?" Sarah smiled, a bit confused. "I'm only one year above you guys now."

"ONE YEAR?!"

------------

For the first time in Ellie's high school life, she had been stumped by a math question.

The new junior algebra teacher, Mrs. Harper, decided to jump into their studies on the first day of school, and the algebra was hard. 
As she sat raising her eyebrow at the worksheet, she felt Benny's foot bounce from the desk in front of her. Reading the back of her boyfriend's neck, Ellie knew he was restless. If she was having trouble with the math, then Benny was completely lost.

Ellie peaked around his body to watch him anxiously tap his pencil on the desk, impatiently needing a thought to come to his brain. 

She scanned around the room to make sure that no one could see her and threw one of her erasers at him. Benny flinched, rubbing the back of his head and turning towards Ellie. 

"What was that for?" he whispered.

"Control," Ellie mouthed back. 

Benny sighed before the bell overhead rang. Every student quickly got up to leave the classroom, while the two went straight to each other.