twenty-two

As Ethan and Benny sat in their history class, the homework packet that they had dreaded for days had begun to stare them down upon their desks.

While Benny felt as relaxed as possible for the first time in years, Ethan was on the other end of the spectrum. He never knew how bad Benny had it.
Ethan couldn't stop bouncing Benny's leg up and down as he stared endlessly at the packet in front of him. He really wished the ADHD part of Benny's brain would have transferred with Benny's conscience, but Ethan had to deal with it now... as well as another part of Benny.

Before he could stop himself, Ethan could only watch as Benny's hands began to shake before him. The pencil that he gripped between Benny's unfamiliar left hand hadn't stopped tapping since he grabbed it. Ethan swallowed hard at the lingering affects of Benny's brain, and thought he could handle it for a while, until he watched the magenta creep into his vision.

"D-Dude..."
Benny turned Ethan's head around to face his best friend, who sat in the desk behind him and couldn't stop himself from moving. "Dude, I-I see that purple shit."
To their luck, this class had been more laid back than the rest as every other student was working together and talking amongst themselves, so their conversation wasn't out of the ordinary. 

"Wait, what—? Oh, god."
Benny could only watch from a bizarre point-of-view that his body was about to snap. The purple irises that he knew all too well looked back at Benny in terror, forcing him to realize what was happening. "Ethan, you're losing control. Just focus on me—!"

"—How am I supposed to focus on ANYTHING right now?!" Ethan spat, unable to keep his usual cool. 
That magenta colour that he only associated with Benny and Ellie was consuming every bit of his vision... he was about to lose it.

"Okay, Ethan, you have to cast this spell. It's a time-stopping spell—!"
"—Why can't YOU do it?!"
"Because, you're in my awesome magic body, dipshit!"

Ethan kept forcing himself to breathe heavily through Benny's nostrils, clinging onto any sort of control that he had. It was as if his chest was being pulled apart.
"Repeat this spell, Ethan: Nolite nostris diebus. Say it, dude."
"N-Nolite... nostris... diebus!"

A green beam of raw magic flung itself around the classroom, stunning the teacher and students in the room and yet keeping them frozen in time.
"W-What did I just do...?" Ethan huffed, still trying to clutch onto his eyesight.
"I told you it was a time-stopping spell," Benny explained, helping Ethan raise his own body out of the desk. "I use it during tests."

Ethan could only see what he held in front of him, which was Benny's own hands. His palms grew that magenta colour wider and wider until it had now completely blinded him. 
Benny shoved his confused body out of the history classroom, rushing Ethan down the hall to make sure no other student was stuck in time and able to witness this.

"Okay, Eth, we have to—!"
"—Veritas mazoknar Benny pal-natak!"

That intimate magenta that Ethan was forced to see shot itself into Benny's body from the other side of the hallway. Ethan felt Benny's shoulder hit the ground, as well as the magic that his torso had absorbed. 

Watching his body shoot past him, Benny quickly followed the path of the raw magic... to Ellie.
"Ethan! What the hell happened?" she questioned, racing to who she thought was Benny to come to his aid.

"So, that's what that feels like..." Ethan grumbled from the ground.
"Weren't you two in history class?" Ellie asked, trying to get to the bottom of "Benny's" loss of control.

The real Benny, who had his jaw dropped this whole time, had no words for her. What kind of excuse could they get away with?
"Uh... w-well, Benny just—!"
"What the hell is going on with you two?" Ellie stops. "God forbid I rest for three days, or else everything goes to shit."