twelve

"Is Benny still here?" 

Ethan and Sarah entered the Weir's kitchen, spotting the retired earth priestess and asking about her grandson's rampage.
"He better be," Ms. Weir answered, slicing apples on the countertop. "I had to lock him in the magic room."

"He's still that mad?" Sarah asked.
"Well, he was going through a very... wide range of emotions earlier," Ms. Weir sighed. 

"How is he?" Ethan asked, barely wanting to hear the answer.
"Probably still breaking my ancient vases," the grandmother said. "He is on edge, so be careful going down there."

The psychic and the vampire exchanged a look that could only be described as... disappointed. Of course, they loved Benny and Ellie like family, but all this magic drama was starting to rack up on them. How could they combat stuff like this by themselves?

The two made their way down the basement steps to the coven room. Stepping closer to the basement door, they heard exactly what Ms. Weir was talking about. Raging stomps and huffs erased the magic room of its calming presence. Benny was still angry.

Before Ethan could even knock, he and Sarah flinched at the sound of something smashing against the coven wall. "—URGH!"
Surely, another broken vase.

"Do you care to be a bit more prepared when we walk in?" Ethan asked.
Sarah shot her fangs out of her gums. "This good?"
"Good enough to scare him." 

Taking one last readied gulp, Ethan swung the magic room door open and revealed what was left of it.
Witch bottles and ingredients were strewn all over the floor, with furniture askew from its traditional place. The two gazed upon the mage in question, staring with wide eyes as Benny glared to the wall. 

"Benny, are you okay—?"
"—GET OUT!"

Before Sarah could finish, Benny forced his power to present itself into his palms, thrusting them in her and Ethan's direction.
"Leave me alone. Get out." 

"Do you know what you did?"
Ethan couldn't help but flare his nostrils in annoyance. He couldn't believe that Benny could do something so... stupid. It was like Benny turned into a different person overnight.
The seer didn't stop the scoff from leaving his mouth, waltzing up into the spellcaster's face to show his undaunted reaction.
"Ha... you really don't know, do you?"

"What are you talking about?" Benny blew, his hands still aimed at their heads. 
"What am I talking about?!" Ethan shouted, unable to lower his voice.

"Ethan, relax—!" Sarah tried.
"—You forced Ellie to stun everyone in math," the seer began, pushing farther into Benny's face. "You shot me with your damn magic, and you convinced Ellie that it was her fault that she FUCKING DIED!"

Ethan's voice seethed with every word, his breath hissing between his teeth as he lost it at his best friend. Ellie may have been Benny's girlfriend, but she was Ethan's best friend. He wasn't going to take this lying down.
Benny's furious expression dropped at Ethan's shouting voice against his face. This was the first time the boys had ever yelled at one another, but Benny blinked at the possible punch that Ethan could throw.
"T-There's no way I said that...!"

"Benny, Ellie barricaded herself in her room for an hour before she let us in," Sarah stepped, pulling Ethan's shoulder back before he could piss off Benny more. She felt like they were getting through to him. "Why the hell would you ever say something like that to her?"

"Wh— I don't..."
Benny began to stutter as the glow in his hands finally dissipated. "When did I do that?"

"Seventh period!" Sarah and Ethan both yelled.
"What? You can't remember what you did two hours ago?"