thirteen

"Good morrow, my fellow acquaintances!"
Benny skipped to the locker hallway to greet Ethan, Ellie, and Sarah, who had collected themselves as they were bound to do in the corridor before class.

"Doesn't morrow mean the next day or something?"

"Go with it, Sarah," he pleaded, opening his own locker. "Did you guys hear about the new girl coming in?"

"There have been a billion new people in the last month," Ethan countered. "Who are you talking about?"

"Oh, wait— are you talking about that one girl who looks like she can sleep with any guy she touches?" Ellie asked.
The witch rolled her eyes at her friends' confused faces. "Come on. She looks like the reincarnation of Gigi Hadid and God."

"Oh, her!" Ethan realized. "Isn't she in our grade?"

"I hope not, or we'll have to be lab partners with her in chem," Benny answered.

Hearing the overhead bell ring, the three geeks said goodbye to Sarah as they walked into their chemistry class.
The three felt that they didn't need to worry about that hot new girl; at least, until Ellie found that exact girl sitting in her assigned seat.

The girl's long blonde hair dangled all the way to her belt loops as she adjusted her highly cropped shirt. Ellie stood bothered at her desk, waiting for this girl to acknowledge her existence. Her face looked like it was created to be from the uncanny valley.

As Ethan and Benny hesitantly sat at their desks on each side of the girl, Ellie pulled the plug.
"Sorry, but this is my seat," she told.

The blonde girl whipped her eyes to meet Ellie's, the whites of her eyeballs being almost too exposed. Ellie was weirded out.
"Is it?" the girl grinned. "Oh, poo, I'm sorry!"

"It's cool—!"
Before Ellie could speak any more, the girl bounced out of the desk, seemingly trying to get her boobs to fall out of her shirt.

"Good god," Ellie whispered to her friends as she finally took a seat. The girl sat right beside of their lab table and didn't fail to make Ellie shuffle uncomfortably in her chair.

"Good morning, kids," their chemistry teacher greeted when he walked into the classroom. "We have a new student today, if she'd like to introduce herself."

The girl happily jumped out of her seat, hiking up her shorts so that everyone in the classroom could see more than just her butt.
"I'm Madison!" she squealed, bouncing up and down.

"Uh... thank you, Madison. You can sit now," the teacher assured.

"Can you believe—!"
Ellie turned to complain to her friends who shared her science table, but were met with ill-attention as Ethan and Benny couldn't look away from Madison.
The witch scanned the rest of the room, noticing the rest of the guys staring her down as the girls grew baffled.
"Ugh, not this again."

She rolled her eyes and flicked both Ethan and Benny's ears, making a spark shock them on the earlobe. They quickly snapped out of their trance and yelped.

"Ow!"

------------

"That girl, Madison, is one of the dullest people I've ever met."

Ellie complained when she clunked her food tray onto the cafeteria table, immediately needing to tell Sarah all the gritty details.
"In chemistry, Mr. Kendall asked how many elements were in the periodic table and she didn't even know what that was!"

"It must be more beauty than brains in her department," Sarah agreed. "She's got that weird nasally voice that every annoying girl has, too. Makes me wanna throw her through the cafeteria and back."