1.3

*edited 6/5/18*

Norah walks down the hall towards where she's staying whilst on this assignment. She stepped inside and shut the door behind herself. Norah sat down on her cot and looked to her bag, slowly reaching in and pulling out a necklace. The same necklace her mother had given her before she was forced to leave Krypton.

When she felt home sick she would pull out the necklace that represented her mother. Usually those times would consist of crying about her family and friends, being forced to leave her home as it exploded, or just blankly staring at the necklace while her thoughts attacked her inner self. The pain of remembering her family would tug at her heart until she would have to take a flight to clear her mind.

Norah's head snapped to her door when there were soft knocks placed on the metal. She placed the necklace around her neck and opened the door for whoever was on the other side. Clint gave her a sad smile when he caught sight of the necklace sitting against her black catsuit. He pulled her into a hug, in which she clung to him like he was her life line.

Norah's ear piece beeped, she moved her hand to her ear. "This is Agent Fury." She made her voice sound strong even though she didn't feel like it.

"You're needed for the interrogation." There was a pause, "Unless you need to take a flight." Of course Phil would see right through her. He was there when she was rescued from HYDRA, hugged her and told her she would be okay.

**********

7 YEARS AGO....

There was a loud explosion on the other side of the compound. A 14 year old Norah jumped up with a panicked look in her eyes, she was underneath her bed in seconds. There were gun shots and explosions all around, until it went silent. 

Feet pounded against the ground and slowed when Phil Coulson caught sight of a cell door, everyone had believed this was just a raid for a terrorist group. He approached it warily and signaled some agents closer for back-up if this went south. "Director Fury, we found a cell." He muttered to the man behind the agents with a gun drawn.

Everyone's brows furrowed, even Nick Fury's. They walked to the cell and carefully slid it open. Norah flinched when she heard the cell door slide open, she hated it when people came into her cell. She abandoned the underneath of the bed and crawled to where the bed would hide her form and let her ball up into a corner.

Coulson and Fury slowly enter the cell and take in their surroundings. The walls were cracked and had some spots where there was dried blood. A small cot that couldn't fit a man was by a wall with enough space in between it for a small person. There was a lone light bulb hanging in the middle of the room. A toilet right next to the bed and a window.

Their eyes landed on a blonde head, with their guns slightly raised in case she decided to attack

Their eyes landed on a blonde head, with their guns slightly raised in case she decided to attack. The steps they made were slow to not startled whoever was curled up in the corner. When Norah lifted her head to look at them, they froze. Phil Coulson and Nick Fury hadn't expected a little girl to look up, maybe a petite young woman, but never a little girl. They had immediately put their guns in their holsters and put their hands up to show they meant no harm. 

Norah slowly came out from her little ball and took small steps toward the strange men. She flinched when they took a step towards her, so they backed off. She had bloodshot eyes from crying and her clothes were tattered and filthy. Her hair tangled and greasy, although because of her biology she was still beautiful.

Phil crouched down to where his eyes were at level with her's, "Hi, we're going to get you out of here." His voice was soft and made her relax. She walked towards him and was going to hug him until she remembered why she was punished last time. She was punished because she couldn't control her strength, so since she didn't want to hurt him she asked the one thing that could protect the human race.

"Can you kill me, please?" Her voice was a little hoarse from the lack of water. Fury and Coulson were surprised and their hearts cracked a little. Fury walked a little closer to her and Norah bowed her head, ready to die. Fury put a finger underneath her chin and made her look up at him.

"We're not going to kill you," Phil was genuinely surprised when he heard his boss speak in such a soft and kind voice. "We're going to take you away from here and get you home." Norah's eyes filled with tears.

"My home was destroyed many years ago," She exclaimed as tears started to roll down her cheeks. Fury would deny it, but his heart did tug at seeing a child so helpless. "I'm dangerous," Fury bent down a little.

"Why are you dangerous?" Instead of answering, she let her eyes glow from her heat vision. The duo took a couple startled steps backwards while agents trained their guns on Norah. "Stop doing that and they won't shoot." Norah didn't stop and only looked up.

"It won't work, I've been in the sunlight too long." She motioned towards the window, then turned to the agents. As fast as lightning she had a gun in her hand. The whole room was tense, but all she did was aim the gun into the palm of her hand. Coulson and Fury stepped forward to stop her but she had already pulled the trigger.

Coulson grabbed her hand while Fury grabbed the gun, except when she opened her hand, there was a flat bullet. Coulson hugged Norah and whispered, "Everything will be okay, Little One."

**********

Norah was brought out of her memory and she reached up to her ear, "No, it's okay. I'll be there shortly." She gave Clint a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "See you later, Bird Brain." Clint scowled, then smiled watching his alien best friend walk away.

**********