2.4

*edited 6/6/18*

Banner and Stark are working on tracking the Cube, Norah is strapped down on a nearby table. Although she could escape at any time. Banner is scanning the scepter with a device. "The Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process."

 Stark works on a screen. "If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around six hundred tera flops." Norah raised an eyebrow while keeping her eyes closed.

 "All I packed was a toothbrush." 

Tony giggles a bit, "You know, you should come by Stark Tower some time. Top ten floors all R and D. You'd love it, it's a candy land."

"Thanks but...last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem." Norah smiles.

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises." He zaps Banner in the side.

"Ow!" 

"Hey!" Captain yelled to get their attention, but Tony ignores him. 

"Nothing?" Steve approaches. 

"Are you nuts?" 

"Jury's out! Tony exclaims before turning to Banner. "You really have got a lid on it,haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?"

 "Is everything a joke to you?"

"Funny things are." 

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doc."

Banner shakes his head, "No it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things."

"You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony advises Banner. 

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mister Stark." 

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now, why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?"

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy.His secrets have secrets. He had a secret daughter." He gestures to Banner. "It's bugging him to, isn't it?" 

"Uh, Aah, I just wanna finish my work here and -" Steve interrupts Banner. 

"Doctor?" 

"'A warm light for all mankind,' Loki's jab at Fury about the Cube."

"I heard it." 

"Well, I think that was meant for you." He gestures to Stark, who offers him a blueberry. "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still allover the news."

"The Stark Tower? That big ugly," Stark gives him a look, "building in New York?" 

"It's powered by an arc reactor, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for, what, a year?"

Tony nods, "It's just the prototype." He turns to Rodgers. "I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now, that's what he's getting at."

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? What are they even doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asks curiously.

"I should probably look into that as soon as my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Norah raised her head and looked over. Steve was bothered as well.

"I'm sorry did you say -"

"JARVIS has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?" 

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around." 

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically,not awesome."

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war and if we don't stay focused he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them." 

"Following's not really my style."

"And you're all about style, aren't you?"

"Out of the people in this room,which one is 'A' wearing a spangly outfit and 'B' not of use?" 

Banner decided to stop the pissing fight, "Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?"

"Just find the Cube." Cap snaps and exits the lab, pauses and turns, walking off in another direction. 

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice."

"Guy's not wrong about Loki, he does have the jump on us."

"What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit. It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does." 

"I'll read all about it." 

"Mhm, or, you'll be suiting up with the rest of us." Probably against Norah.

"Now, you see I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed, like a nerve,it's a nightmare." 

"You know, I've got a cluster shrapnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. This stops it," He taps the arc reactor. "This little circle of light. It's part of me now, not just armor.It's a terrible privilege."

"But you can control it." 

"Because I learned how." 

"It's different." Tony wipes clean the screen between them that Banner was working on. 

"Hey, I read all about your accident. That much Gamma exposure should've killed you." 

"So you're saying that the Hulk- the Other Guy- saved my life? That's nice. That's nice sentiment. Saved it for- what?"

"I guess we'll find out." 

"You may not enjoy that."

"And you just might." Norah suddenly let out a laugh, startling the scientists. "What are you laughing about?"

Norah turned her head and smiled, "Your team will break even before it begins."

Tony and Banner are confused, "What do you mean?" Banner asked while stepping closer.

"Your team." She laughed a little. "It's not much of one." She looked back to the ceiling while smiling like a maniac.

"Did Loki fry your brains?" Tony narrowed his eyes on her.

"No. He showed me what being free feels like." Norah looked to them once more, "I destroyed my world, now it's time to destroy yours." Banner and Tony glanced at each other before returning to their work. 

Fury soon enters and glances to his daughter, who just smirked at him. "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh- kind of been wondering the same thing about you."

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Banner informed the Director.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony looks to his computer screen, "What is Phase Two?"

Steve enters, and slams a large HYDRA gun on the table. "Phase Two is SHIELD used the Cube to make weapons." He turns to Tony, "Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."

A laugh made them look at Norah, "Uh oh, they learned our secret, Dad." Fury looked to his daughter, but couldn't find it in him to glare at her.