Chapter four

Hey all. Here's a new update. Do vote and comment.
Minor mentions of self harm in the chapter.
Enjoy.

Never show emotions Z. Feelings make you weak. Things like love, lust, happiness , hurt,sadness are just scrap.
Life taught you a lesson in the past.
Show no mercy Z.

His words  were still imprinted in my head. And to think that he said them just before pointing a gun at my forehead.

I smiled to myself as I remembered my brother's fruitless efforts in trying to change me.

I  just hoped he remembered his words when my  knife pierced his heart and life drained out of him, the same knife he presented  to me after my first  killing spree.

Atleast I did.

Show no mercy.

The moonlight peeked through  blinds covering the windows in my room and reflected from knife now twisting in my hands as I observed the intricate patterns on it.

I had done this a million times since the knife has touched my hands. It showed swirling patterns of an ivy neatly carved into the blade with perfection intertwined with symbols from a language clearly unheard of.
The handle was made of wood sheathed with leather skin showing a beautifully designed letter 'Z'

I glanced on to clock on the nightstand and sighed.

3:07 am.

If I start now, I will have enough time to fabricate something to prove my need to kill the cunning bastard yesterday.
Apparently, Dan couldn't keep his pretty mouth shut when coming to things that concern me.

Especially, things that get me into trouble.

Hence , I have been summoned by the Commander tomorrow noon to know my side of the story.

I'd have to be adequately prepared.

Now, what Dan doesn't know, but had been dying to find out is how I ease out of all the traps designed by him.

I fabricate stabs and cuts, real ones , on my skin and present to them as defence wounds to the commander.

The commander being highest in position, however appear to have a heart, something most of us here lack in, and grants me another chance.

Which I push it down the drain the next time obviously.

But this time it's different. We were given specific orders not to have him injured let alone killed. 

None of the previous missions were this complicated and secured. Must have been an important resource. But as always ,I screwed it up by my unhealthy and merciless ways, as Dan puts it.

I sat up on my bed and pulled out a dagger from my satchel. Pushing my sleeves up, I inspected the remnants of my previous work. They had  just completed healing.

Great.

I took a deep breath and positioned the dagger near my elbow and gave a clean , yet rugged cut , starting from up and ending  behind my hand. Just to add a dash of originality.

Next I pulled up my pants and stabbed near my Achilles tendon, along with another cut near on both of my thighs, clenching my teeth in pain.

I smiled bitterly at my work and cleaned the dagger.
Now to the difficult part.

I took out a cookie jar from one of the cabinets and grabbed a handful of salt crystals.

Adding rock salt to your wounds make them look original and  appear infected and disgusting to touch. The only problem is the pain.