Chapter seven

Plz read the authors note in the end.

J

I pushed open the doors to General's office and entered, shouting,
" We've got it!"

He looked up at me from his desk. There was a moment of silence after which I realised we were not exactly alone.

I glanced around his office to see one of our guys, Marco....or T10, standing in the corner. He was a young hardworking and determined specialist in hacking and system analysis.
Besides being an irritating brat, I hate to admit that he actually gets the job done.

There was someone else who was seated infront of the General.

A woman.

We don't usually have visitors at the headquarters. The clients never consult with us personally. It was always private off-site meetings, hand delivered evidences and secured payments. Other people coming here uninvited ,were the wives and kids of some of our older men.

The woman, dressed in black was now looking at me with curious yet sharp eyes.

" Hi there, Cap'n. It's me, Marco."

" Hello T10. I see you have returned from your mission in Germany."
I replied , looking at him.

"That I did. Did you know that Germany makes the best chocolates ever? They-"

" I am sure your travel was eventful"
I cut him off and turned towards General.

"General, there is-"

" Oh! Cap'n ! I want you to meet some one".
Irritated, I turned back to T10 , who was pointing at the woman.

" You can introduce your girlfriend to me some other time, T10. Now, Shut up! This is important!"

His eyes widened and mouth clamped shut.

"I am not his girlfriend."
A cool voice echoed in the room.

I turned to the female seated ,
" I am sorry mam, I wasn't aware. It was never my intention to insult you by mistaking you to be his girlfriend."

"Hey, how is being my girlfriend an insult?!"
I ignored him and continued my effort at putting up the fake smile towards the woman.

She nodded.

Satisfied, I turned to the General's desk and spoke,
" Good afternoon General. I hope I am not interrupting something important. The men hav-"

"You are."

I looked back annoyed at the source of the voice and met with the black cladded woman, now infront of me. I took a look at her. She had everything in black, hair, boots, pants , jacket.... everything.
I glanced at her face and saw two hazel eyes now staring at me with amusement.

" I'm sorry, who exactly are you, mam?"

For the first time after I entered the office, the General gave his evidence to everyone that he was perfectly capable of speaking.

" New recruit."

I narrowed my eyes as I turned to him. " I thought we never took in females after what happened with Gloria. "
From the corner of my eye I could see T10 going rigid and his smile disappear.

" She's here for only one case."

" So a temp?"

" Mm...kinda."

Kinda?!

"I assume you were handing her over the case details?"

"I was."

" Okay then, give me a call when you are finished. We've got a new lead on PENTAGON."

" That's good news J. But here, let me introduce you to her. "
He turned towards the woman ,
" Z, this is Captain J, head of the Systems center of S.C.A.R . "

She gave a small smile.

" This is sergeant Z, our new recruit, who will be joining you with your investigation of the PENTAGON case along with Marco."

What?!

I abruptly turned to him,
" You mean she's here for my case."

"Yes."

" But, we're doing fine as it is. The case is progressing well."

" I know. An extra hand is never a loss."

I sighed.
"She's a girl!"

"So?"

" I don't want my men to be distracted during their work."

Someone scoffed beside me. I turned to see the woman smirking.

"I 'm sorry, do you have something to say, sergeant?"

" You should learn to put a leash on your men captain. It doesn't make you look very appealing."

I was fuming inside.
" You don't tell me how I should treat my men. It's none of your business. "

The General interrupted.
" J , Z , stop. Both of you will be heading this mission from tomorrow. And I don't want-"

"What?!"
Both of us shouted at the same time.

" I was told that the entire case will be headed by me after my arrival."

"And I was told nothing about any of these things."
I countered.

He heaved a sigh and leaned back in his chair.
" Change of plans. Both of you are the best at what you are trained in. We need your cooperation for the success of this mission. We only have a week in our hands J. It has to work."

He turned to sergeant Z
" I demand your full support, cooperation and diligence for this mission. No excuses. You will conduct the investigation with J. I assume you agree?"

She reluctantly nodded .

" You may now leave. Marco will show you to your room. Good night Z."

" Good night General".

I watched her leave the office along with T10.

That's when it clicked.

" She's not a recruit , is she?"

Silence.

"No."

I nodded once.

" J. Please don't make this difficult for me. I need you to work with her. It will be only for this once."

"Yes sir."

"Good. Remember, I will be always watching. Don't do anything nasty. Just give the girl a chance."

I nodded again.

"Okay. Dismissed."

I made my way to my cabin. My thoughts went to the female. She has lots of guts to tell me to control my guys. Oh, I will show her how controlling I am, show her that she is not the princess everywhere. And once all these gruesome adventures I have planned for her reaches her limit, she herself will beg to be let out.

I don't take orders from anyone other than my superiors. Here, I control everyone. And no one controls me or controls with me. Tomorrow is going to be a long day for you sweetheart.
You maybe the golden girl from wherever you come from,but here.....

I rule.

You obey.

Hey all.
So ,its a new update.

Aaaaand they finally meet! Not a good start actually, is it?

Looks like J is going to make things very difficult for Z.
Will Z be up for it?

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE PLZZ.

And guys... I would really like an insight as to how you think the story will progress. I would really love reading them.
So put your thoughts in the comments and lets see how you guys steer this story.

Thnx for all the votes and comments. Keep reading.
Enjoy.