Chapter six

Hey. Its an update. Enjoy.

Z

"Would you like something to drink , miss?"

I raised my head from the letter assigned to General Morrison, as a preview to my admission into his establishment, which cradles me as if I am the bestest ever detective the world could ever find.

Not that I'm denying it. Ah.. This is so bad for my ego.

A woman of twenties stood before me with a perfectly faked smile on her equally perfectly caked face.

I ran a look at her. She really had a nice body. And, she also just had a quickie.

You could tell that from her swollen lips and the crumbled up top around the chest. Well, surprisingly, she looked like she didn't enjoy it. She didn't have the .....glow ,was it?

It was an escape. A one night stand.
Or a one afternoon stand.

That's when I noticed something. She had very mild bruises at the side of her neck. Either an attempt of strangulation, or suicide. Well she wouldn't be here, if the latter worked out.  Or she's the kinky kind. My eyes immediately went to her wrists.

Hesitation cuts.

Abusive boyfriend?

But she looks like the loyal kind.

Scratch off boyfriend. Parent?

She really need to ramp up her style.
Her fingers are not manicured, hair is as if a cat made its bed on her head last night. And I know its not the sex.
Clearly she had not been using her money for herself.

Hmm..needy and abusive parent.

Her eyes are healthy and shows no signs of drinking.

So , not the mother.

Well then.
Needy, abusive and probably drunken father, given she had been flexing her neck every now and then, probably due to her father leaning on her every night after his drunken escapades.

"Miss?"

" No thank you", I looked up at her tag,"Corine." And tried my best to give her a real smile. Something I've not done in a long time.

She deserves atleast that.

As Corine made her way to front of the aisle, I sat back and peered back to the letter on my lap.

General Richard Morrison, the current president of S.C.A.R, headed over eighteen successful missions in the last three months. Worked under by an army of sixty three, all of them equipped in their own profession as SEALS, or military, along with passing the trainers course with the highest of ranks.

Impressive.

I knocked on the door which said:
GENERAL

"Come in", a voice came.
I pushed open the door and entered.
He looked up at me with a curious look.
"Well?"
I silently slipped my transfer letter onto his table.
He picked it up and started reading. After a moment or two, he suddenly stood up with a shocked look .
" I apologize Miss..." , he looked down at the letter again,"Z?"
I nodded once.
" I was clearly notified that you would be arriving this week, I just didn't think it would be...a-a lady"

Oh. I'm hardly a lady.

" Apology accepted".
Wow. I really sounded cold.

His face flashed a surprised look .
" I have heard quite a lot of things about you from Commander Cage. But you see, we don't want you here for any casualties, just to check up on our ongoing investigation of a kidnapping case, proving to be a hassle right now. I hope you understand"

I nodded.
Way to go commander.

"The captain will fill up on you about the details. I  have another person new coming into this mission.
Rogers!"

" Right here gen!"

I turned to see a man with a toothy smile enter the door.
"Miss Z, th-"

"Z. Just Z"

" Very well then. Z, this is Marco
Rogers, one of our officials who is going to accompany you during your stay here and help you with your mission."

" I don't need any help. "

" I understand , but that's the protocol here. You are the only female sergeant here besides Gloria who is on a mission right now. At Alaska."

I nodded.
I can only try.

" Marco, this is sergeant Z , she is going to be with us for investigating the PENTAGON case. I want you to be with her always. Also, you are now assigned now to J's team for this case ."

The guy turned towards me and did a dramatic bow.
" It would be  my pleasure mademoisellè."

I scrunched up my nose and turned to the General.
" Are you sure ,there is no one else?"

He shrugged his shoulders, to my utter dismay.

" Ohh...that hurt right here Z . " He put his finger  above his heart.

"Mmm...did I tell you to call me Z?".

He suddenly paled.
" Umm...you told General that you would prefer him calling you that."

" Yeah.. I did. But I don't remember saying that to you."

"Oh."

I smiled.

" Well, what do you want me to call you?"

"Mm..as of now, you can call me ,Z"

" But that's what I called you five seconds ago."

" I know."

He released a sigh and smiled
" God woman, you are so damn dense!"

" I try my best"

I turned back to see general with an amusing expression on his face.

" You will start your work tomorrow morning".

"Okay then. I will take your leave now gen-"

Suddenly the door behind me burst open and a tall  man clad in military uniform entered the office panting and shouting,
" General! We've got it!"

Hey guys.
So, how do think life will be for Z from here?

Really looking forward to your comments and votes.
Take care.
Bye.