Chapter fifteen

J

"Explain."

She snorted.

Creating a havoc in the streets of New York, with a disarrayed vehicle on a packed freeway at midnight with an unapproved agent and unidentified armed men on their trail, finally ending up in a ditch was not something that happened every day.

And now..This maddeningly vexatious female had the audacity to sit in my office, with a heavily bruised cheek and freshly bleeding forehead, acting nonchalant to the fact that she was the sole culprit in almost causing an irremediable disaster to the bureau by her apparent adventure and fucking snort?!?

" Explain what J?"

My patience was hanging on thread at her attitude. If it wasn't for Henry and T10 at the corner and the cameras in the room , I would have personally seen to it that I received the answers.

"Do NOT play games with me today, Sergeant Z! Explain how your shopping rendezvous ended up giving you a disfigured face, one of my men a concussion and a wrecked official vehicle . Clear enough?"

Her brows furrowed at me in visible annoyance as I folded my hands and dared her to keep up with her irritating demeanor.

" Crystal."

I held back a smirk of victory and cocked my head to the side waiting for her to continue.

She breathed out and straightened herself on the chair.
" After you left, I followed Mr. Winstor's car to an abandoned construction site a few minutes from there. There-"

" Why?"

" Why not? By the time we left the mansion, it was almost ten at night. Nobody dresses up in a business suit to go for a meeting at that time of the day. Plus , if you had clearly observed , you could've see that his eyes were bloodshot as if he was crying, totally contradicting my first impression of the man as an insensitive one. Now, I don't see any other reason for tears at this moment other than for his dead son. Coming to the next point of suspicion, his hands. They were trembling. Not so visible immediately. But, I would say it looked as if his suitcase was having seizures. And he was clever enough to try masking that by holding it alternatively in both his hands. So that clearly showed how scared he was. Put in his immediate interruption on our questioning session with Mrs. Winstor right at the moment she was about to reveal something proving that he was clearly listening to our conversation and his bolting exit, I wouldn't want any other reason to know that something bad was up with the man. Clear enough,J?"

Okay..

"Crystal. Continue."

" Okay, so after reaching the site ,he was escorted by some men into one of the buildings. And at that moment , I had the unfortunate luck of having struck an idea to call Macaroni over there without whom this whole drama would have never been possible."

She then turned to T10 , giving him a fake sweet smile.
" Thank you so much hot shot. I am deeply indebted to you. And I look forward to repaying it. With Interest."

His face blanched at her masked threat while she turned back to continue.

" I followed Mr. Winstor to a room where he met up with our prime suspect in the case Ignazio Nostaras. "

Shit!

" Apparently, Mr. Winstor was involved in smuggling weapons, more specifically guns from what I could understand. Before I could catch on to something, Bieber here, sauntered into the room inturn blowing my cover and it was Mission impossible all over again. Rest is..well , you know..."