Chapter five

" Captain! We've got a lead!"

I darted from my office to the servers room as soon as the words were delivered through my earpiece.

I had only two more days to turn in something for the general. And so far nothing valuable enough to convince the attorney had surfaced. Just some unidentified fingerprints on Michael's torn clothes found in his office.

Please let it be something of worth this time.

I pushed open the doors and made my way to Henry who with several others had their eyes glued to a PC infront of them.

" What have we got?'

Henry abruptly turned towards me and smiled.
" Come , take a look at this."
I walked to the computer as my men made way for me.
I peered at the screen which now showed the security footage in Micheal's office , on the day of kidnapping. I had seen this tape a number of times.

The cameras are located at the entrance of his office. It initially showed him sitting at his desk reading some files. After a moment, three men, with their backs facing the camera enters his office , says something. ( Cams doesn't record the voices). One of them points his gun at Micheal, and he starts screaming.

Atleast that's what it looks like with his mouth wide open like a hippo.

Another one of the men tackled the guy to the ground and pushed him away from the view of the camera. Nothing else is visible for some time after which the man who pointed his gun came towards the table, still with his back. He was easy to recognise since he was the biggest of them and wore a blue jacket unlike the other two, who wore black. He tore open some of the drawers and pulled some files out, as if searching for something , which he apparently couldn't find.

And just when everyone one thought that he will turn to walk back, he turned to the side and left from the field of vision of the cams. He might have noticed them.

Again the scene is left undisturbed for a long time after which his staff and secretary rush to the rooms, and frantically alerting us.

There was absolutely nothing new here.

'' Henry, what is the meaning of this. Is this a joke?"

Suddenly Henry grinned with a look of victory on his face.
" You missed it too, didn't you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him.
I have this footage practically burned into the back of my head. There is no way that I missed something.

"Missed what?"

He turned to the screen and began playing it again.And paused at the initial portion of it.

He pointed a finger and touched the screen.
I squinted and looked closer to the screen.

No way.

My eyes widened in realisation. I glanced at Henry.
"Is this what I think it is?"
"Yyyuup", he said, nodding his head.
I looked back into the computer as I spoke
"What did E3 say?"

"Well, Jerry said, he could do it. But we will need the system".
I kept nodding my head as I continued to stare at the screen.

"You'll have it. I will speak to the general."

As I walked to the General's office, I looked back at what we discovered. It was a perfect timing , given we had very few in our hands. I hoped we'll get everything we need.
Something else surprised me all the more.

How did I actually miss it?!

Hey guys.
How y'all doin'?

So what do you think is the great discovery they made?

Will they find who did the kidnapping?
And to think the general has something else in store for J.
Put your thoughts in the comments.

I know its a short chapter. Really sorry. Will make up for it in the next one

Do vote and comment if you like it.
Bye.