Don't Apologize. I Liked It.

It was late at night. The Boar Hat was still packed with customers. Drunken men chatted merrily. On nights like these, they drank until they passed out. Meliodas was (as usual) groping Elizabeth, Ban was in the kitchen, Elizabeth and Diane were taking and completing orders, and King and Escanor were chatting while filling up mugs of ale for the girls to take.

Merlin and Gowther were on the roof, talking about something. Gowther shot one of his pink darts of energy and it latched on to Merlin's neck. Her eyes went wide when he said,"Are you in love with Escanor?" He tilted his head while her face heated up, trying to hide it with her hand. Surprisingly, Gowther smiled. He said,"Even Merlin has a heart." She was surprised to see Gowther showing emotions, but smiled back. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and said,"Let's see... You have liked him ever since..." Merlin seemed a bit irritated and just teleported inside.

"Oh, Merlin! There you are!" Said Meliodas. "I apologize for the late entry." Merlin said. Meliodas grinned. "That's alright. At least now you can help. Go put on the bar uniform. You can help Elizabeth and Diane take orders." He handed her the bar's uniform. She took it with her usual smirk and teleported to her lab. She quickly changed and teleported to the bottom of the stairs. She walked out, and started asking Diane on what she should do.

Meanwhile, a very nervous and seemingly drunk Escanor was being pushed by King, Ban, and Meliodas. "Just hurry up and do it already!" Yelled Ban, as he pushed with all of his strength. "I-I I can't!" Yelped Escanor. "It's just a kiss! Now, go!" Yelled all three of the boys, who finally managed to push Escanor towards Merlin. "For someone as weak as him, he sure is hard to push." Sighed Ban, yawning. "M-Miss Merlin," called Escanor. Merlin turned to face the scrawny man. She gave him her usual smirk and said,"Yes? What do you need?"

Escanor's heart was beating wildly in his chest as he finally mustered up the courage to lift her chin and kiss her. Merlin was shocked, just as much as everyone else. She slowly melted and kissed him back. They pulled back and broke the kiss after what seemed like forever. They didn't even notice everyone was clapping and cheering. Some even whistling.

That's when Escanor realized what he had done. "Miss Merlin! I apologize deeply! I don't know what came over me, I..." He was cut off by another kiss from Merlin. When they separated, she said,"Don't apologize. I liked it." She walked away, but not without giving him a seductive wink, causing his face to heat up a tremendous amount.