Taken in Battle

This chapter is a request from LeonhardtMills. Let me know if you want a part two.

The seven deadly sins and the ten commandments stood on either side of the barren land, both sides glaring at the other with an eerie silence. Zeldris and Meliodas moved first  by charging towards each other, followed by their respective comrades. Each Sin fought separately, most of them having scores to settle.

Escanor was currently up against Estarossa. The battle could've been won by either man. Escanor jumped up high and charged up his Sacred Treasure, looking down upon his fellow comrades. He observed each battle while patiently waiting for Rhitta to finish charging. His eyes locked on Merlin, who wasn't too far from where he was. He saw that her opponent was Cusack, Meliodas' teacher. He didn't know much about him, other than that he's an extremely powerful demon.  Even though he knew Merlin was capable of taking care of herself in battle, Cusack had already managed to pin the Sins under his thumb once. He was extremely dangerous, and Escanor was worried for Merlin.

Escanor wanted to defeat Estarossa as quickly as he could so he could go and help Merlin. He was about to fire Rhitta when he saw a dark spell rush towards Merlin. It wrapped around her body in darkness, only to shrink and disappear. Escanor's eyes went wide and his expression slowly morphed into shock. He heard the Pacifier Demon's laugh, ringing through the air as he tried to process what just happened. Slowly, just slowly, anger started to form inside of him. He tried to fire Rhitta towards Estarossa to end the battle, but found himself falling instead. He had completely forgot about Estarossa's Commandment.

Estarossa kneeled down towards Escanor's level, giving him a look of pity. The pity soon disappeared when he punched Escanor in the jaw, throwing him backwards. Punch after punch, Escanor let him do as he pleased, not knowing what to do after what he had just witnessed. He closed his eyes and thought of Merlin. The moments they shared, her scent, her smile, her kindness. Her everything. A voice called out his name. It sounded vaguely familiar. The voice came louder. It called again. Then he realized who's it was. It belonged to the love of his life. Merlin. His Merlin.

"Get up, Escanor," She said. "You still have a fight to win. And don't worry. I'm not dead. I don't know where I am, but it looks like Camelot's castle. I'm inside a Perfect Cube and something is preventing me from using Absolute Cancel." Escanor felt a heavy weight leave his chest. "Don't worry, Merlin. The Sins and I will come for you. I promise." He could sense the smile in her voice when she said, "I know I can always count on you. I'll be waiting, Escanor." Escanor grit his teeth as he took another blow. He swung Rhitta, creating a deep gash in Estarossa's chest. Blood spewed from his mouth, his eyes wide in surprise as he fell to the ground. Escanor no longer felt hatred. Instead, he was filled with determination.

His eyes were full of pity as he looked down at Estarossa. He kneeled on the ground. At first, Estarossa let out a dark chuckle. Then he spit out a fair amount of blood as Escanor punched his abdomen. With each punch he delivered, he thought about Merlin. His punches didn't stop until Estarossa was unconscious. Escanor jumped up and charged Rhitta. At this point, he didn't even feel pity for the Commandments. Not after what they did with Merlin. He fired Rhitta, watching the mini sun rush towards the fallen Commandment. He was overcome with a feeling of satisfaction, watching the Commandments of Love burn to a crisp. He walked away to join the other Sins, as they had just finished their own battles. The only thing that was on his mind was saving Merlin and he wouldn't let anyone stop him. He planned to tell the Captain, and immediately head towards their next destination; Camelot. "Hold on, Merlin. We're coming for you."