Jealous

The tavern was closed after a long day. The sins were celebrating, a few other people joining the party. Howser, Griamore, Veronica, Gilthunder, Margaret, and Jericho were there, chatting and drinking with everyone else. Arthur was there too. He was chatting with Merlin, a blush covering almost all of his face. He seemed a little shy around the mage.

Escanor was talking with Ban, constantly looking over Ban's shoulder to glance at Merlin. He grew concerned of their relationship, even though he knew Merlin would never leave him. She had to assure him that she wouldn't be with anyone else. Still, that didn't stop him from worrying.

Ban noticed how Escanor kept glancing over his shoulder. He decided not to ask about it, though. He made up an excuse and went to talk to Elaine, leaving Escanor alone. Escanor looked over at Arthur with Merlin. He frowned when he saw them laughing together. He quietly walked to Merlin's lab and waited for her to join him.

Merlin glanced over to where she had last seen Escanor. He wasn't there, so her eyes scanned the room. She frowned when she couldn't find him. She turned to Arthur and made an excuse. He seemed to be a little upset, but she wanted to find Escanor. She had a hunch that he would be in her lab, so that's where she went.

Merlin opened the door to her lab. She saw Escanor standing in front of her round, wooden table, his back turned to her. The door closed behind her, the only sound made while the two stood in silence. Merlin stepped forward, placing her hand on his shoulder. He jumped slightly and looked back, startled. Merlin gave him a concerned look, her hand traveling to his cheek.

Their eyes met. Hers were full of concern while his were full of jealousy. It's not like he tried to hide it, either. Merlin understood without anything needed to be said. She pulled him into her arms, her hand guiding his head to her shoulder. Escanor was surprised by the sudden embrace, but that didn't mean he didn't like it. In fact, he felt very comfortable and wanted to stay like that forever. He hugged her back, lightly squeezing her.

They stayed like that for a while. Merlin whispered into his ear that she would never leave him for anyone else, no matter who they were. Nothing else needed to be said. They could understand each other just fine. Even though nothing much was said, they didn't hear the door quietly creak open, revealing Arthur. He was a shocked, and maybe a little sad, to see the two. He quietly tiptoed out of the room, the door closing without a sound.