⚔️Four

After cleaning myself up, I found some weird looking clothes. I don't even know why am I complaining, everything here is weird. They have shoes that cover the whole of your feet and your ankle. And they have pants that are way more too tight for my liking. I heard a soft knock on the door of the room. I slowly made my way to the door, wincing in pain now and then because of the weird shoes I have on.

“Oh it's you.” I mentally grunted. Theo stepped inside and chuckled.

“Is that any way to greet your mentor?” He pouted, he looked like Aunt Matilda's son whenever he could not get any candy.

“Ahh please.” I closed the door behind him. “Why invent such cruel shoes?” I pointed down to the shoes. Theo glanced at the shoes before throwing himself on my bed.

“Oh you mean the combat boots? Don't worry, you'll get used to them.” I sighed as I sat next to him.

“How can you be my mentor when you're so fat?” I asked him as he sat upright.

“I'm not fat Amber. It was just a disguise.” I knew it! “Imagine a muscular man comes up saying that he wants to announce the Protector, people wouldn't believe it. But of course they believe a fat man.”

I giggled, it was true I guess. “True.” He looked up to me and grinned. It sent shivers down my spine.

“Want to see the real me? Not the fat me?” Theo grinned wider. I nodded my head. “Well close your eyes, I want it to be a surprise.”

“It was going to be a surprise anyway, even if I had my eyes open.” I rolled my green eyes at him but closed them anyway. He laughed at my remark, a real laugh this time.

A swoosh was heard in the silence. I heard Theo shift a little and groaned in pain now and then. “You can open your eyes, try not to stare. I know I'm gorgeous.”

I opened my eyes and almost stared at him. He looked so... different. But at the same time, so familiar. “You look different.”

He chuckled. “Surprise.”

“Surprise indeed.” I said as I traced his biceps. They looked unreal. “I'm not staring.”

“Stare all you want Amber. Jack doesn't have what I have.” I retreated my hand. Hearing his name sounded so foreign to me.

“I don't know who that is.” I stared down at my feet as I got up from the bed.

“He still loves you Amber. Give him a chance.” Theo begged me. I glanced at him before helping him up and grabbing my training stuff. “You can't ignore the feelings Amber.”

“We need to train Dwarfy.” I snapped at him. He held up his hands in a surrendering way.

“Yeah, my bad.” He walked over to to the door. “Please follow me, you'll get lost around these halls.”

He's right, I can't ignore my feelings for Jack forever. One day, I have to tell him that I still love him but loathe him at the same time.