⚔️Seventeen

After telling Damian and Dominic everything Theo told me, I told Jack what he needed to know. Turns out CeeCee is a dog that can hide us from their sight, and we won't be heard too. I was nervous, completely nervous, but I can't let the nerves get to me.

“Are you sure we can pull this off? What if CeeCee gets killed?” I asked Jack in a low voice as I don't want the four men in front of us to hear. Damian wasn't so bad, Dominic hardly said a word, Seth stayed far away from me and Lex hardly said a word as well.

“CeeCee won't get killed. Where does all this negative thoughts come from?” Jack asked me back. I stared at him for a moment before shrugging my shoulders.

“I dunno.” I walked past him to catch up with the guys. I walked next to Lex. He was the 99th Protector to join. He had fiery orange eyes, sleek brown hair and a jawline that's to die for.

“So, you're the last of us uh?” He asked me. His voice was so cute but also a little husky.

“Yeah, the last one.” I nodded my head. Jack whispered my name out, I looked back and stuck out my tounge.

“You like it here?” He asked me. I thought about it for a second, then cringed.

“Let's just say 99 percent of the time, I was either strangled, called the wrong name and strangled again. So yeah, maybe I do like it here.” I smiled innocently. He chuckled.

“Let me guess, Theodore and Damian strangled you right?” He grinned, I couldn't help but smile too.

“Yeah! How'd you know?” The others stared at Lex and I.

“Let's just say I experienced that first hand.” He laughed at what he said and I joined him in the laughter.

“What's so funny?” Damian asked Lex and I. We exchanged a look before we both shrugged our shoulders.

“We dunno.” I held back a giggle as I saw Damian's face. Dominic finally smiled for the first time since we stepped foot in the forest, Jack howled in laughter and Seth cackled like a mad man.

“I hate you two.” Damian walked past us and pushed me aside. I nearly fell down but Lex caught me, I thanked him and continued to walk.

“He's got so much anger issues. I wonder how the other one can cope with such a sibling.” I whispered to Lex. He chuckled and shook his head.

“They're actually twins, only Dominic has violet eyes and not crimson.” I nodded in agreement, they looked awfully the same, just the eye color difference of course. We kept walking in silence after that, and we followed Damian, since he was the tantrum guy leading the way.

He suddenly stopped by a hole in the ground. The same hole I saw in my dream. My throat began to dry, and my eyes lined with tears. Theo is down there, I just hope we are not late at all.

“So, who's going first?” Damian awkwardly asked. Nobody said a thing, I rolled my eyes, boys will be boys.

“I'll go.” I said before jumping in. After I landed with a loud thud, the others followed. Time to find my stupid mentor.