Chapter 3

“C’mon Elsa, hurry up!” Anna danced around Elsa as they walked toward the meeting room.

“Calm down, Anna. I don’t know why you’re so excited about a boring meeting,” Elsa replied as she tried to walk as dignified as possible with Anna flitting around.

“But it’s my first meeting and I finally get to help you. I’m sure there will be a lot of interesting things we’ll talk about,” Anna replied.

Elsa rolled her eyes at her sister’s optimism as she pushed open the tall doors to the meeting room.

“Whatever you say, Anna.”

“…I guess that settles the issue of our new trading partner. The fleet will be sent to deliver the good within a week’s time,” Elsa concluded, shuffling the papers together. “If there is nothing more to discuss, I believe this meeting is adjourned.”

Anna was snoring slightly with a small trail of drool on the corner of her mouth as she slumbered in her place next to her sister. At the sound of Elsa’s shuffling, she bolted up.

“Huh, yeah, good meeting guys. Same time next week?” asked Anna.

“Pardon us, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa, but as your advisors, there is another issue we have been meaning to talk to you about,” said one of the men.

“Go on,” said Elsa, settling back down.

“We’ve been meaning to ask if we will start holding balls in order for your Majesty to find a proper suitor. I’m sure there are plenty of eligible gentlemen who would ask for your hand. It would do us well to strengthen ties with other kingdoms,” he continued. Elsa eyes widened and the papers she held in her hands slowly began to freeze. Anna was suddenly completely awake and worried.

“But,” interrupted another grey haired advisor, “We also realize that you are an excellent ruler. Marrying a prince is not necessary for you. I’m sure the people can agree that we have had enough of foreign princes’ attempting to overtake our wonderful kingdom. Which is why most of us have agreed that perhaps it is best to start thinking of potential husbands for the princess. Our main goal, you must understand, is have an heir produced eventually.”

The papers in Elsa’s hands shattered and anger filled her face. The temperature in the room suddenly dropped until their breath became visible.

“I refuse to subject my sister to that. I will not sell her off to some man like cattle! I will take the responsibility. Rest assured that we will not be having another Hans. I will take the necessary precautions to prevent that. This meeting is over.”

With a slap to the table, Elsa stood up angrily. Anna also stood up and wrapped her arms around Elsa. The temperature in the room rose back to normal and the advisors visibly calmed down and relaxed.

“I’ll do it. If it is for the good of the kingdom, I can deal with it. There is no need for Elsa to burden herself anymore than she needs to,” said Anna.

“No!” cried out Elsa. The advisors merely sat in their seats and watched the exchange with fascination. “You can’t.”

“Can you even have kids?”

Anna immediately regretted her words as she saw Elsa’s devastated expression. The men looked at each other and nodded with realization. Could Elsa’s powers possibly prevent her from bearing children? Elsa slowly began to back away when she realized she had no argument.

“I-I’ll find a way. I’ll come back a-and figure this out and I’ll have a way,” she said as she turned and ran out the door.

Anna took a few steps before deciding to let Elsa go. She couldn’t have Elsa marrying anyone, not when she just got her sister back. Maybe it was an irrational fear, but she was scared of Elsa giving someone else more attention when it was the one thing she craved her whole life. If there were some way to produce an heir of royal blood and keep her relationship with her sister, she would find it. Who better to consult than the man raised by the love experts?