"Why me?"

Hey y'all! I'm trying to write and update a lot more since its summer and I feel really bad for not updating as much as I should. Anyway here's the next chapter!
____________________________Maya plopped down on the sofa at Topanga's as she saw the ring on her left hand. Some people at school had noticed and not said anything, others laughed at her because they thought she may have put it on the wrong hand by mistake. She sighed as she turned around towards the door to see Riley and Lucas walk in. Riley and Lucas walked up to her and smiled at her sympathetically.

"Don't do that." Maya told them as she gave them a firm look.

"Do what?" Lucas asked her as he threw an arm around Riley's shoulder and they both sat down beside Maya.

"Do that." She replied bluntly. "Give me pity, I don't need it." Riley smiled at her.

"We just feel bad. I always thought that you and Josh would make a cute couple and I teased you about it a lot, but I would have never thought or let something like this happen if I had any control over it." Riley told her. Maya smiled at her friend.

"I know you wouldn't, Riley. And I don't blame you or your parents for this. I know you guys would help me if you could." Maya told her.

"Mom said that she could easily get you two out of this if you wanted her too. But she said that Josh turned her down." Riley said confused. Lucas raised an eyebrow at Maya. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. Josh seems to think that he can get us out of this without it costing my parents everything." Maya told them as she looked over her shoulder and sighed as she saw Josh talking to some of his buddies.

"Josh cares about your family?" Lucas asked shocked. Maya scoffed as she looked at Lucas.

"I think it's more he cares about Shawn." Maya replied.

"Speaking of which, how did it go with your family yesterday?" Riley asked. Maya shrugged.

"I didn't talk to them for the rest of the night. I left your house early and went back to mine and by the time they got home I had already locked myself in my room for the night. I left for school out my window and grabbed an apple from Farkle this morning." Maya answered. Riley placed a hand on Maya's shoulder and rubbed it in a comforting way.

"Hey Hunter!" Josh exclaimed as he and some girl came their way with his arm around her and the girl clinging on to his waist. "Did you forget to call off your imaginary engagement this morning before school?" He asked in a amused tone. Lucas started to get up but Maya gave him a look that said it was okay. Josh walked away with the girl on his arm.

"Alright, me too, can play at the game." Riley told Maya and Lucas. "After all, I actually do have a boyfriend." Lucas eyes widened.

"You mean you haven't told Leo yet?" He asked. Maya shook her head.

"Nope. But you know what, I haven't seen my boyfriend in a couple of days. I think it's time we get reunited." Maya said. With that she got up and walked across the cafe to where her boyfriend was standing by the window talking to some friends. He looked up and smiled at her.

"Hey cutie, where have you been the last few days?" He asked. But Maya didn't answer. Instead she walked right up to him and kissed him. Leo stumbled back in shock before regaining himself and wrapping his arms around her waist. Lucas and Riley both grinned as they looked over at Josh and saw him glaring at the two. Maya pulled away a bit.

"I'm sorry. I just missed you." She told him. Leo smiled and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Don't be. I'm glad you did, I've missed you too." He replied.

Leo and Maya have been dating since sophomore year. They both met in art class when they got partnered up for a project. They had become really good friends and feelings had started to develop between the two. He was the first guy that Maya had liked after Josh. The thing was Leo had an older brother that was around Josh's age who went to NYU as well. So Josh and Leo's brother hang out a lot, and because Leo and his brother are really close sometimes that means Leo hangs out with Josh as well. Not really with each other but in a group. Leo knew the history there between Maya and Josh. He never considered himself friends with Josh but that was even before he really knew about him and Maya.

"What's this?" Leo asked confused as he picked up Maya's left hand and looked at the ring. Maya knew she would have to bend the truth just a little.

"The Matthews gave it to me. I guess I was too tired this morning and just put it on the wrong hand." Maya said embarrassed. Leo smiled as he rubbed it with his thumb.

"I think it's cute." He told her. Maya grinned.

"I guess I should switch hands before people start to think we're engaged." Maya said teasingly. Leo shrugged his shoulders.

"Would that really be a bad thing?" He asked her. Maya laughed.

"For us, no. For our families, defiantly." Leo laughed at her joke.

"Well I don't care. I'd marry you in high school over our families wishes any day of the week." He told her.

"We can live in the schools boiler room." Maya kept the joke alive.

"And we can make the janitors closet into a nursery." Leo played along causing them both to laugh before he leaned back in and kissed her.

If you had just walked into the room and didn't know Leo or Maya at all, you would be able to tell that they were in love just by watching the way the hold and smile at each other.

"I better get going if I'm going to finish all that homework in time for dinner." Maya sighed. Leo pouted.

"It's nice to know I can be left for homework just like that." He joked as he snapped his fingers. Maya smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"Trust me I'd rather be with you." She told him. Leo smiled before leaning in one more time to kiss her and then reluctantly letting her go.

"How does dinner and a movie sound this weekend?" He asked her. Maya's smile went huge.

"Sounds perfect. See you then." She told him before walking out of Topanga's with a smile on her face. But that was short lived.

"Hey!" Josh yelled at her. Maya rolled her eyes as she turned around on the steps and glared at the unwanted company.

"What!" She demanded. Josh went up the steps and stopped at the one below her making her eye level with him.

"What was that?" He demanded. Maya narrowed her eyebrows.

"I was saying hello to my boyfriend. What's your excuse?" She said as she looked over at the girl that Josh had that was currently looking like a lost puppy without him. Josh glared at her.

"We're supposed to be engaged, or are you forgetting that?" He asked her Maya scoffed.

"We're only playing along with our parents, or are you forgetting that?" Maya retorted. "You sound jealous." Maya smirked. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Please, the only thing I'm jealous of is him being able to pick who he gets to spend the rest of his life with. God help him if it's you." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"What was the point of you coming out here?" She asked him. Josh sighed.

"We're having dinner with my parents tonight. Six thirty at some fancy restaurant. I'll text you the address." Josh told her causing Maya to scoff.

"What a gentlemen." She said sarcastically. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Whatever don't be late." He told her before he walked past her and left Topanga's. Maya looked over and saw that Riley and Lucas had joined her on the steps.

"Why me?" She asked them before shaking her head and walking off.
_______________________________
That was a fun chapter. Let me know what y'all think!